300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owning stock in marijuana company

Just out of curiosity would owning stock in a legal marijuana company hurt in the hiring process (is it allowed). I tried to look this up but got nowhere?
    Last edited by MCarter; 10-15-2020, 04:45 PM.

If you have EVER owned stock in a marijuana company, you are not cut out for this profession...

Comment

I have not, I am more interested in the law aspect within legal states. I was suggested in buying the stock, but I figured their would be a legal complication amongst all other reasons.
      Last edited by MCarter; 10-15-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Technically, it is not against the law for you to apply for a position as a police officer, regardless of what stock you own. Technically, it is also not against the law to shoot yourself in the head.

But for you to even ask that question, makes me wonder if you are suited to this profession...

Comment

Criminal scum

Comment

Actually, there's no such thing as a "legal marijuana company" in the United States. While some states have chosen to decriminalize and legalize marijuana, it's still illegal under Federal law...that's why marijuana companies have a hard time dealing with banks, since most banks involve themselves in interstate commerce (regulated by the Federal government under the Constitution) and, technically, the proceeds of marijuana sales are ill-gotten gains.
            "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
            -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Stock is a federal deal, where it is still a big no no. See the above post about banking.

Owning marijuana stock is low hanging fruit for a US Attorney.
              semper destravit

Comment

Can you even buy stock in a US based marijuana company? As far as I know, NASDAQ only deals in marijuana stock for companies that legally operate at the national level, such as Canada.

Comment

The answer to your question is yes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3250 users online. 255 members and 2995 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X