300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice or Experience w/Appeal Boards?

Does anyone have any advice or experience appealing a failed psych test? I have my informal review with the state review board later this month. Then their report and all relevant paperwork goes to the State Dept. of Personnel Merit Board for final decision. I'm just looking for any input on what I'm in for.

Note: The failed psych was due to a DUI in my past (5 years ago). I was told by the appointing authority the the psychologist they use fails people for DUI's. They said I would have a hard time with him and they were right. I have already gotta a second opinion that I paid out of pocket and it was a favorable review.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Appeal Boards

Originally posted by outlookingin View Post
    Does anyone have any advice or experience appealing a failed psych test? I have my informal review with the state review board later this month. Then their report and all relevant paperwork goes to the State Dept. of Personnel Merit Board for final decision. I'm just looking for any input on what I'm in for.

Note: The failed psych was due to a DUI in my past (5 years ago). I was told by the appointing authority the the psychologist they use fails people for DUI's. They said I would have a hard time with him and they were right. I have already gotta a second opinion that I paid out of pocket and it was a favorable review.

We have a member who's really up to par on issues such as yours. I'm going to try to offer you some thoughts,and hope L-1 picks up on your post. The first thing you need to be aware of is the probable time limit for filing an appeal. The second thing I would do is retain an attorney who is familiar with, and deals routinely, with the type of appeal you're going to file. I would suggest NOT simply going into any appeal hearing armed only with the opinion of your Doctor.

Comment

Ok, so the State Medical Review Panel gave me a thumbs up and recommendation for employment. Now, the report containing this recommendation goes before the State Dept. of Personnel Merit Board for final blessing.

What do you think my chances are they will agree with the MRP's recommendation?

Thanks,
      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by outlookingin View Post

You are not told why you fail a psych test, and a DUI won't do it. I suppose you can challenge, but better still would be apply to another agency who uses another Psychologist.
        "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5772 users online. 327 members and 5445 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X