300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Real, Part Assuming

OK, figure I might as well lay out the bad and ugly now, and get some opinions on it. These are the bad parts of what history I have. Sorry for the really long post, much appreciation for all who help.

I don't think I've tried drugs which I know sounds weird, but this is the one thing that may count. I posted something about it before, where I was playing a joke on my cousin. I had this piece of crumpled up paper that I sprayed with 409 or WD-40 or something, to give it a smell. When around him I was sniffing it and stuff. I didn't get high or anything like that, not even close. That was when I was.... somewhere between 13-15, probably more like 13-14. That would be the only thing relatively drug related.

I've never done anything really bad, but me and my friends have done some dumb juvenile things before. TPing houses, prank calling people, ding dong ditching people, probably threw stuff at cars before, broke beer bottles before on roads, just teenage mischief things. We even had a name we would write at school and stuff for me and some other people that went TPing and stuff together. I don't mean to make that sound like a gang, because trust me, we were nothing close. It was just a common name we used for when we TPed people and the such. I guess most of the typical teenage stuff, we've done. Again, nothing really serious, we never tried to hurt anybody, take things that weren't ours, or anything like that. This has all been between ages 12-16.

Run in with the law: Nothing on record or anything, no charges. I wrote about this once before, where basically me and three friends were in a local neighborhood near a friends' house. Some guys saw us walking down the street, and thought we were breaking into cars (Apparently there had been a string of car break-ins there we didn't know about. Trust me, we didn't do it.) They proceeded to chase us in a truck which scared us and we took off. So we get split up, I try to get help from this guy who calls a cop, and the cop takes me home because it was really late. I don't even know if he got my full name, but he just took me home and dropped me off.

I've downloaded several hundred songs off of the internet, which I've never really thought to be a big deal, but if it really is going to hurt my chances significantly in the future, I'll quit.

Other than those things, just some very little underage drinking and smoking (tobacco, not drugs.) Each more than a year ago except for drinking on very special occasions, and by special occasions I mean like one time at a family thing.

OK, I think I got it all out. All of this is no later than age 16.

Now for my assuming part, assume I stayed clean, went to college for 4 years, got a degree, and possibly went into the Army for 2 years. Even without the Army, that would be 5-6 years between all incidents, staying clean.

So what do you think? I would like to hear whatever you have to say, and if you have further questions about any details I'll add them. I just want to put in my personal story, along with my future plans, to see how experienced LEO's think I would cope with the BI. Wow, I felt like a true career criminal writing all that, but I don't know how bad it actually is. Anyways, thanks for everything, I look forward to reading the replies.
    Last edited by centralTMC; 05-31-2007, 12:18 AM.

so you actually rang someones doorbell and then ran away at age 13 AND you want to be a cop!?!?!?!?!?! No agency will ever ever hire you with that kind of act. Shame!!!!

Im just teasing, go to college, get a degree, stay out of trouble, build a solid work history, stay out of debt, and you'll be fine.

Comment

centralTMC, you are so clean you practically squeak! Compared to what we see of folks applying to us now, you are a shoe in. If what you say is true. No, I'm not calling you a liar, and I'm not calling you out. Sounds like your a good kid and if you really want to do this job, you should be ok.

But, if you ever TP my house, I will make you clean it up and my wife will kill you...
      Carpe Noctem

Comment

Thanks.

so you actually rang someones doorbell and then ran away at age 13 AND you want to be a cop!?!?!?!?!?! No agency will ever ever hire you with that kind of act. Shame!!!!
        Lol, well you know, I just wanted to get everything out there. Including my juvenile acts between 12-16.

If what you say is true. No, I'm not calling you a liar, and I'm not calling you out.
        I understand, obviously you can't believe everything you read on-line. But you guys don't know me so I did put everything out there I could think of.

But, if you ever TP my house, I will make you clean it up and my wife will kill you...
        Noted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3509 users online. 236 members and 3273 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X