Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper Attire for an Aptitude/Personality Test?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Attire for an Aptitude/Personality Test?

Good news, passed a 2nd set of interviews amongst some top scoring candidates.

I was 3 before today, and received a call that I've bumped up to the 2nd spot.

In a few days I will be taking an Aptitude/Personality test geared toward Law Enforcement and I'm wondering what is the proper attire (in all your honest opinions)

Keep in mind I wore a business suit to the past oral interviews and the one today. Must I keep wearing this? or is it ok to be a little different.

Thanks in advance

according to the Lt. the test is 4 hours...so... i'll leave it at that. I just want to hear your answers/opinions

Comment

Always Always Always wear a suit until told otherwise. Its better to over dress than underdress. Theres nothing wrong with wearing a suit, but there is something wrong with "mixing it up". Youre not even hired yet, so you want to make the best impressions possible. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
        Always Always Always wear a suit until told otherwise. Its better to over dress than underdress. Theres nothing wrong with wearing a suit, but there is something wrong with "mixing it up". Youre not even hired yet, so you want to make the best impressions possible. Good luck.
        ty, noted! I've got a good feeling about this department. I'm very sure they have a good feeling about me too.

Comment

Originally posted by BAC0311 View Post
          ty, noted! I've got a good feeling about this department. I'm very sure they have a good feeling about me too.
          Wear your Dress Blues! That is assuming your 0311 stands for the same 0311 as mine! Haha....Suit up, or at least wear a sports jacket

Comment

I wore a suit, and i'm glad I did. Thanks

Comment

took the MMPI and some other test which was like a mini written law enforcement suitability assessment. I feel it went well, however it was the first time I've taken one, so I was a little anxious as I didn't know what to expect.

90 questions on the first part, and the MMPI was 300 questions.

Comment

NCJOSI and MMPI is what i took.

Comment

Originally posted by BAC0311 View Post
                  took the MMPI and some other test which was like a mini written law enforcement suitability assessment. I feel it went well, however it was the first time I've taken one, so I was a little anxious as I didn't know what to expect.

90 questions on the first part, and the MMPI was 300 questions.
                  what kind of questions are on the MMPI?

Comment

im nervous about taking the psy test...what can i expect?

Comment

correction, it was not the MMPI. (sorry)

I'm taking the MMPI in a couple days...which according to one of the Lt's, is a 600 question test.

I'm nervous since i've never taken one before, but I feel I should pass.

--------

I guess what I took was some more generalized personality test.

this department is moving along very quick with the process! I'm starting the BI, doing a psych on monday and a polygraph a little less than 2 weeks later!

I'm ranked 2nd. 6 Conditional offers of employment have been mailed out and there is 3 spots! this is good.
                      Last edited by BAC0311; 06-09-2007, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steffani View Post
                        what kind of questions are on the MMPI?
                        Some of the standouts I recall:

True or False

- Have you ever wanted to be a florist.
                        - You have strong romantic feelings toward your mother.
                        - You enjoy hurting people.

Variations on these and about two dozen others, repeated in variations.

EDJ
                        "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Have you ever wanted to be a florist? hahah

Comment

I have to agree, a suit. You want to look your best and present a positive and confident image.

Comment

Originally posted by ajm8813 View Post
                              Have you ever wanted to be a florist? hahah
                              "If you were an artist, would you like to paint flowers?"

What's with the $%#! flower questions

----

I have to admit, some of the questions had the most ridiculous/awkward wordings.

some were very abstract "I brood a great deal"
                              I said true, but only because I wasn't sure what brood meant in that sense.
                              I thought it meant something to the effect of "I look for a good deal" (like a good sale or something cheap)

it actually means to worry over or ponder (a great deal or a lot)...which is not how I am... oh well.
                              Last edited by BAC0311; 06-12-2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2876 users online. 165 members and 2711 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X