Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schedula A hiring??? Also compromised immune system?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedula A hiring??? Also compromised immune system?

Hi, I am 21 years old and applying to become a police officer at both local and federal level. the first question I have is about the Schedule A hiring. When applying to a federal police officer job I was asked if I was eligible for schedule A hiring, due to the wording of what this entailed I put no. Later on I figured out that I may qualify due to my use of an IEP in high school and college for dyslexia, and other minor learning disabilities. My question is, if I am able to go back and change my application to qualify for Special A hiring, would it hurt my chances for law enforcement because of my learning disabilities.
    The second question I have (which can’t really be answered) is about my medical situation. I am currently on an immunosuppressant medication and was wondering if I would be forced two wait till after covid is over to get a job in law enforcement (currently emailing departments but I think it would be up to doctors), also are any of you immunosuppressant, and currently working.
    thanks for the help.

Beer flu is hardly the worst thing you'll be exposed to.

As for the rest, employers can't accommodate for a disability in hiring or employment they don't know about.

If they do know about it, they aren't supposed to discriminate based on that unless it prevents performance of essential functions and there's no reasonable accommodation that can be made... no blind taxi drivers, yet.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• MCarter
      MCarter commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you think that i could Get in trouble if I do not disclose that I qualify for schedule A? The only thing I would need an accommodation for would be if I had to learn a language, so if I apply to BP I might disclose, so idk if disclosing it for some agencies and not others could hurt.

• tanksoldier
      tanksoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      You won’t get in trouble for not disclosing a disability, but you will be wasting everybody’s time if it prevents you from performing essential functions. If you can perform the essential functions, and simply choose not to disclose a disability, that’s up to you... but you won’t be able to take advantage of any benefits or special hiring authorities.

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Beer flu is hardly the worst thing you'll be exposed to.

As for the rest, employers can't accommodate for a disability in hiring or employment they don't know about.

If they do know about it, they aren't supposed to discriminate based on that unless it prevents performance of essential functions and there's no reasonable accommodation that can be made... no blind taxi drivers, yet.
    ^^^^^ What he said
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4096 users online. 297 members and 3799 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X