Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying to another dept. while being processed by another?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying to another dept. while being processed by another?

I am currently in the hiring process for a dept., I did the intial, written, physical, oral, and I turned in my background packet a while ago. I have not heard from that dept. (it is a state police agency) since I turned in my background packet. Another application has come out for another agency which I would like to work for.

My question is should I apply to the other agency while I'm being processed? Will it negatively impact me?

I received my scores and I placed within band C out of bands A-G, band A being the first group to be hired from and so-on.

Thank you
    Waiting for "The Date"

Should not affect you in a negative way at all. Why risk putting all your eggs in one basket. I was a backgound investigator for two years and had applicants with no other agencies applied for, and even had one with 45 other agencies. Being turned down by numerous other agencies doesn't look good initially, but the bottom line is you either meet the standards for a particular agency, or you don't. It was more workfor us, but that is what we got paid to do.

Comment

Applying to another department

Originally posted by FutureTrooper1 View Post
      I am currently in the hiring process for a dept., I did the intial, written, physical, oral, and I turned in my background packet a while ago. I have not heard from that dept. (it is a state police agency) since I turned in my background packet. Another application has come out for another agency which I would like to work for.

My question is should I apply to the other agency while I'm being processed? Will it negatively impact me?

I received my scores and I placed within band C out of bands A-G, band A being the first group to be hired from and so-on.

Thank you
      See no problem with applying to another agency at all. As a Retired State Officer, I can tell you that process can often be lengthy. Mine was 18 months, and I was in the top half of the list. Think that's Band A now. So, yah, that state process can take a little time. Definitely to other agencies as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3968 users online. 202 members and 3766 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X