300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background packet questions

I am filling out my background packet and came across a few questions that I don't know how to answer. The first: "Have you ever committed a felony for which you were never arrested or convicted?" To be honest, I am unclear on what constitutes a felony in Ohio. In my past I have driven under the influence, but have never been pulled over or convicted. Do I need to circle yes for this question? The second question: "Have you ever engaged in any criminal sexual act?" Again, I am unclear as to what exactly this is. If these have been addressed before, I am sorry. This is my first background. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by osubucks22 View Post
    I am filling out my background packet and came across a few questions that I don't know how to answer. The first: "Have you ever committed a felony for which you were never arrested or convicted?" To be honest, I am unclear on what constitutes a felony in Ohio. In my past I have driven under the influence, but have never been pulled over or convicted. Do I need to circle yes for this question? The second question: "Have you ever engaged in any criminal sexual act?" Again, I am unclear as to what exactly this is. If these have been addressed before, I am sorry. This is my first background. Thanks in advance.
    That sounds pretty self explanatory to me. Generally, drunk driving is a misdemeanor save aggravating circumstances. Your wavering on the sex question is a cause for concern.

Comment

Unless you've got multiple past convictions, OVI is a misdemeanor. As for the sex question...what kinds of sexual acts have you done that might be criminal?
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

The only thing I was thinking was that I was 18 and she was 16.

Comment

Sorry for the cause for concern, I guess it was the way in which I worded the post. I really am not a sexual criminal, lol. I just didn't want to slip up on the packet.

Comment

Background Packet

DUI, OWI, by whatever title, is a misdemeanor in all fifty states, unless you were involved in an accident in which there was death, or in some states, serious injury. The key in completing your Background Package is honesty. In all liklihood, you'll be given a Polygraph Exam at some point in the process. You'll almost certainly be asked these questions again.

Comment

When I had turned my packet in and filled out a 15 page preliminary polygraphy questionare, the question of "have you had sex with someone under 18" came up. For me, I haven't so it wasn't a problem, but you'd have to answer YES and explain the circumstances. It's considered stat. rape if I'm correct

Comment

We didn't have the question about sex with a minor in our packet. The reason I brought it up in the post is because I wasn't 100% sure about the consent age for Ohio. I have been told by several people today that it is 16.

Comment

Originally posted by osubucks22 View Post
                  We didn't have the question about sex with a minor in our packet. The reason I brought it up in the post is because I wasn't 100% sure about the consent age for Ohio. I have been told by several people today that it is 16.
                  I have read most of your other posts and it seems you have some growing up to do. You’re not ready to become a police officer.

Comment

The age of consent in Ohio is 16. There's no violation of law there.
                    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Thank you Bing Oh

Comment

They want to know if you have given a girl a roofie to have sex with....sex with animals....pretty much stuff that is illegal....

Comment

I think I can safely check no to that box...thanks for the info guys

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4515 users online. 308 members and 4207 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X