300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress Code for Oral Boards

I know that this topic has been discussed for guys....but what about for girls.

I usually wear a pants suit, with a blue colored blouse underneath, with my hair in a braid...I guess because that's how I would wear it if I was in the academy. I know its a BIG no no for perfume.

Am I getting this down right?
    "Concentrate on what cannot lie.....the evidence."

Dress Code for Oral Boards

Originally posted by patten2002 View Post

I usually wear a pants suit, with a blue colored blouse underneath, with my hair in a braid...I guess because that's how I would wear it if I was in the academy. I know its a BIG no no for perfume.

Sounds like you're on the right track. You want to present a "professional" appearence. Perfume is OK, just so it's not overwhelming. Simple good grooming is the rule.

Comment

What is it then?

Then I guess I have to figure out why I'm not getting that extra 1% on my oral board. I had everyone I know that works in L.E. review the answers I gave to the questions and they all said that I did fantastic, that I passed with flying colors...well the department took everyone in the 90 percentile and that didn't include me...I know its somewhat hard to get on at the department I went out for, but I've worked for the department before. I worked for a gentlemen (now he's retired) who sat on my board.

Comment

Oral Boards

Then I guess I have to figure out why I'm not getting that extra 1% on my oral board. I had everyone I know that works in L.E. review the answers I gave to the questions and they all said that I did fantastic, that I passed with flying colors...well the department took everyone in the 90 percentile and that didn't include me...I know its somewhat hard to get on at the department I went out for, but I've worked for the department before. I worked for a gentlemen (now he's retired) who sat on my board.
        Okay, let me make this suggestion. Why not put in your application at other agencies? Sounds like you've got all your eggs in one basket. Thats not a criticism, merely an observation. Unless you absolutely have to work for this department, and even if you do, apply at some other agencies. You might just make the cut. You can always re-apply later.

Comment

I have...

I have put out my application to other agencies...they are just hiring laterals at the moment or they took another candidate over me and I passed my chief's interview (yeah they had that before the poly). I'm on an eligibility list somewhere and quite honestly, I don't want to work for that department now. I guess since I have a 6 month lease here in the town I just moved to, I was going to give Modesto PD and Stanislaus Co. Sheriffs a try....that's why I have been asking oral board related questions, because my interview is on June 5th and I'd like to pass and get into backgrounds.

Comment

Oral Boards

I have put out my application to other agencies...they are just hiring laterals at the moment or they took another candidate over me and I passed my chief's interview (yeah they had that before the poly). I'm on an eligibility list somewhere and quite honestly, I don't want to work for that department now. I guess since I have a 6 month lease here in the town I just moved to, I was going to give Modesto PD and Stanislaus Co. Sheriffs a try....that's why I have been asking oral board related questions, because my interview is on June 5th and I'd like to pass and get into backgrounds.
            Sounds good, but get to work with the agency first. You'll have to do some time in Patrol, shagging calls etc, before going into investigations. At least, this is the case with most agencies. Good Luck.

Comment

I love the perfume part. I actually wrote about this and sneezing during an interview.

What you list is fine. Keep in mind, wear neutral color nail polish if you paint your nails. Also, don't wear high heels, but mid heels are fine

Good Luck

Comment

my suggestion..

dress as if you are going to court, representing a company / firm or department. (dress conservatively)

if you wear a pant suit, fine. no crazy hairdo's, crazy nail polish, refrain from wearing LEO pins (I *heart* cops, CHP, etc.), mid heeled shoes, no or (very) light perfume, no crazy contact lenses....

go on a ride along before your interview. shows interest in the agency and you may learn a few more things to spout off in the interview that others may not know.

don't get a pre-concieved notion of an agency. the first one that hires you, go. you can always stay a few years and lateral elsewhere if it came to that.

you never know. the agency you don't want to work actually for may turn out (good) for you.

I've heard folks I know say "I only want to work at XXXX PD". Well, after years and not geting in, they go elsewhere and guess what, they all love it where they're at....
                ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                -- John Wayne

Comment

I am trying to get in for a ride a long right now. I've already been on two ride a longs in the past 2 years with Stanislaus County Sheriffs, but I guess I figure this wouldn't hurt.

Thank you for bringing to light about transferring agencies. I didn't think of it like that. I guess I kinda just saw this place to apply, but I just want to get on and get my POST, ya know what I mean?

Its good to know that I'm definitely in the right as far as my dress code. I've done my fair share of research, but they always talk about guys and what they should/shouldn't wear.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4965 users online. 278 members and 4687 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X