300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past work experiences....

I have seen a lot of threads ask the question about past work experiences, however most of them deal with the person either being fired or terminated. My situation is different. After graduating college it was difficult for me to find a job using my degree. I took a few simple jobs just so that i could pay the bills, however when something better came along for 2 jobs in particular i did not give 2 weeks notice before leaving. I was not fired or terminated from the position. I contacted the HR department for both of these jobs and they both told me that the only information they were allowed to give out was date of employment and position held. When they do my BI will the 1) base whether i pass or fail the BI based on the fact that i left 2 jobs without giving 2 weeks notice and, 2) since the HR dept was not willing to give me the information will the BI investigator be able to get that information? I appreciate all the help i can get.

Past Work experiences

Your situation is really pretty common, and one Background Investigators encounter rather frequently. While it's common to give a two week notice,it's not always done, and for a variety of reasons. Issues that will raise questions with Background Investigators are Terminations for misconduct, forced resignations, etc. When you fill out your SPH,Background Package, or do your interview with the BI, just be certain to tell him/her what you've told us. I really don't think it will be a problem.

Comment

That's good to hear. As i have said in a previous thread I am brand new to this. I have been told that the dept im trying to get into interviews a TON of people. (From what i hear they run tests on a monthly basis and usually get a couple hundred applicants per test) Of the people who score the highest on the written and physical test, what is used as the determining factor for who gets hired. Is it more based on background or the individual interviews. Maybe I am looking too far into this, however i want to make sure that i have all bases covered prior to going through the application process. I would also appreciate any advice that might set myself apart from the rest of the field. I know you seasoned veterans out there have tons of advice and i look to soak it all up!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2959 users online. 163 members and 2796 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X