300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Issues???

I jsut had a quick question about how agancies look at minor financial issues. I have an ex-wife...weird...Financial issues are a part of being divorced but how much weight do agencies place on issues like that? I understand you have to financially resposible but I had some issues with my ex-wife and now I have a few discrepencies on my credit. Anybody have any advice on how agencies will look at that? Thanks.

P.S. I know it sounds petty but Im just kinda curious.
    Mama said these was my magic shoes. Mama said they'd take me anywhere.

Each agency is most definitely going to have their own procedure on how to handle this but most likely what they are looking for is if you have a consistent pattern of financial problems. No agency wants a perfect candidate because there is no such thing, everyone makes mistakes but its how you deal with and fix those mistakes. I think the big thing most agencies are concerned about is how long ago you had the problems and if you still own money on what ever it was you had the financial issue with. If you are having a problem in which you still owe money and need to pay something off it is highly recommended that you do that before you apply. A lot of agencies will not have any issues as long as you have paid off your debts. The most important thing is to be honest about everything because if you are not they will find out and that will be the end of the beginning with that agency. I hope this has helped.

Comment

I agree with Ryan. They just want to make sure you took care of it and that you have the means of taking care of it. No need to put an officer out there that is willing to take a bribe or steal something him/herself.

Look on the bright side of things...you are already on your way to being a good cop because you have something in common with the rest of us...an EX wife!!!
      "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

hahaha... I appreciate it very much. That is exactly what I was lookin for y'all...

Comment

Financial Issues.

Originally posted by moorejam View Post
          I jsut had a quick question about how agancies look at minor financial issues. I have an ex-wife...weird...Financial issues are a part of being divorced but how much weight do agencies place on issues like that? I understand you have to financially resposible but I had some issues with my ex-wife and now I have a few discrepencies on my credit. Anybody have any advice on how agencies will look at that? Thanks.

P.S. I know it sounds petty but Im just kinda curious.
          Some years ago, Johnny Paycheck came out with a song that fits a whole lot of guys. "She got the goldmine. I got the shaft". You're probably not the first applicant who's had a credit problem. What most agencies look for is how you're handling any indebtedness now. As in the present. Be honest about what happened, you might be in the running. Omit it, you'll probably be history.

Comment

Or how about, I got the Jeep, she got the Palace? Anyways, thanks PhilipCal. Y'all were a big help.

Comment

Financial Issues

Originally posted by moorejam View Post
              Or how about, I got the Jeep, she got the Palace? Anyways, thanks PhilipCal. Y'all were a big help.
              Yah, that could be the second verse. Shoot straight with the process, and hang in there!! Good luck.

Comment

I was self-employed for several years prior to getting into law enforcement work. I had a rough three months near the end, and I made no money, and got behind on my bills. I kept in touch with the creditors, and was totally upfront with the BI before he even pulled my report, telling what would probably be there and why. He took it into consideration, and looked at my history before those couple of months, and saw it wasn't a lifelong pattern, but a blip...as long as you were decent bfore the brek-up, you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanRJ2047 View Post
                  A lot of agencies will not have any issues as long as you have paid off your debts.
                  But you could have a home loan, or an auto loan, to which you could be making timely payments? Can that DQ you?

Comment

Originally posted by wildestkabs View Post
                    But you could have a home loan, or an auto loan, to which you could be making timely payments? Can that DQ you?
                    I have loans of that nature which I had to disclose on my BC form and I was still hired. I'm guessing the non-original answer to most of these questions would fit here too...it probably depends on the department. It never hurts to ask for clarification in a professional manner.
                    The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3649 users online. 235 members and 3414 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X