300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polygraph

do polygraph countermeasures that are online really work?

Polygraph

Originally posted by Rob129096 View Post
    We have at least one Polygraph Examiner on the forums who would be better qualified to answer your question than I am. My question to you is, why do you want to know? Feel free not to answer that if you wish.

Comment

Countermeasures that are online really cause a reaction to the question you are using them on, however, they do not remove the reaction to the questions you are trying to lie to. QUALIFIED examiner's know what to watch for and how to detect countermeasures. The anti folks will tell you they are not detectable and challenge examiners all the time to post actual charts showing how they detected the countermeasures. I would never post anything that would enable an individual to learn how to utilize a countermeasure.

I am an examiner and had to take a polygraph for my current position, I told the truth and passed the examination. The examiner had to tell me on two occassions that he did not need to know all the details I was giving him, but it cleared my mind of everything that I felt might cause a problem.

I have read several posts in which individuals stated they used countermeasures, lied, and passed the examination. The examiner they had was not QUALIFIED in my humble opinion to conduct examinations. I have quality control on all polygraph examinations I conduct. If I miss something the QC person will pick up on it and the result is a DQ for the candidate, permanentaly. Who want's a cheater/liar working for or with them. My advice is be honest and let the cards fall where they may. Don't attempt to start a LE career based on dishonesty, it will bite you in the butt later.

Please excuse spelling and grammer, I am beat and have more to do before calling it a day.
      Last edited by DetectorAz; 05-22-2007, 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling
      Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

GREAT! Another liar wants to be a cop........
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

DetectorAZ, your in Arizona?

Comment

This site has become such a hub, for applicants trying to beat the polygraph. Unbelievable.....................

Comment

I'd not even respond with an answer to this question, but I feel compelled. If feel the need to get around the poly..., we don't need or want you as a law enforcement profeessioal.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Many of you have seen my background, but I never asked about beating the poly or any other method of trying to deceive the department. Why would someone want to become a law enforcement professional through means of deception? I know my background isn't the greatest and not by far the worst, but I will continue to apply and hope for the best. If it's not meant to be, it just isn't.

For those of you who are asking about beating the poly; many officers risk life and limb to protect our/your neighborhood. They wear the badge of justice without hesitation. Being a cop is more that just a badge and a gun. It's about community involvement, helping anyone who is need of you assistance. Whether a administering CPR to a fellow officer, breaking up a schoolyard fight, chasing and apprehending a suspect and/or traffic tickets. These are just some of the everyday tasks that most officer face. You say you want to be a Cop, but if are asking to beat the poly, which side of the law will you serve?

Comment

Yes, I'm in Arizona, I am a LEO and have 23 years experience in polygraph, 35 years in LE.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking which department? Or pm me

Comment

I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to get away with doing something morally wrong. See, I don't care that some guy worked as a dispatcher for 3 years to get his shot at becoming an LEO. I'm dishonest and immoral and want to take the easy way, take a guys shot that is more deserving of me. The only reason why I want a job in LE is for the chicks, and I'll probably abuse my power anyway. Any info would be appreciated about "beating" the poly...AKA...Getting away while lying.
                      Last edited by dgeaton8; 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I think that you might be in the wrong place. It is the individuals like you that give the rest of us a bad name and take positions that ambitious people like myself and others here deserve. People strive to get into this profession and lose their dreams because some KID wants to make themself look cool. I honestly hope that I was reading your post incorrectly and I pray for the people that you will serve next to, your community, and your family that you are not serious.
                        Mama said these was my magic shoes. Mama said they'd take me anywhere.

Comment

Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet.

Comment

its funny how you all assume im trying to conceal a lie. calm down it was just a question. i heard even if you tell the truth on a poly theres a 50% chance of failing.

Comment

its funny how you all assume im trying to conceal a lie. calm down it was just a question. i heard even if you tell the truth on a poly theres a 50% chance of failing.

I have heard that we evolved from monkey's. Also heard that J Edgar Hoover planned Kennedy's death. The reason you want to be an LEO is to get "chicks"?? How about serve and protect?? You do not need to be in LE ever for any reason.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6062 users online. 352 members and 5710 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X