300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Didn't See This DQ Coming...

Please feel free to offer any advice to this situation.

I got the call today from a smaller department with whom I submitted a very basic, initial background "packet" (2 pages), informing me that I was already being removed from the process.

The Lt. informed me that the reason for the DQ was that they had recieved negative feedback from several employers regarding my work performance, and that I would not be a good fit for thier department. I then asked if it was something I should give some time to, such as a year, and then re-apply with their department, to which he told me that he didn't want to blow smoke, and that the best I could maybe do would be to get better refences over time, and apply somewhere else.

You can't imagine my surprise! I have had no major issues at work, certainly nothing that would get me instantly DQ'ed and make a Lt. say that I would probably never get hired at his department. I called my last several employers, and only the police department I volunteer, and applied to be a reserve PO with, says they recieved any phone call.

This is the second background process I've started, and my last one lasted four months before being turned down. Why wouldn't I have encountered this same problem with that one?

Didn't see this DQ Coming

Your post cites two DQs during a Background Investigation. I could sit here all day with ideas and suggestions as to why this is happening, and still not really know. I suggest that you know far better than any of us, what might be causing this problem. You stated too, that this Background Package was "very basic". I'm not certain I understand what you mean. Most BI Packages are really anything but basic, and really require a great deal of information. I can only suggest that you take a long look at any issues in your past that might be causing these problems.

Comment

"The Lt. informed me that the reason for the DQ was that they had recieved negative feedback from several employers regarding my work performance, and that I would not be a good fit for thier department."

You stated the reason you were DQ'd!!! Several, not one employer reported poor work performance. Why spend money on someone to train them and employee them when you know their work performance is less than acceptable. Estimated cost for your first year is over $180,000. Departments don't like to waste money like that.
      Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

I think you answered your own question in your statement about the department receiving negative feedback from your past employers. You didn't say in your post about being let go (fired) by a previous employer, or maybe you left a bad taste in the mouth of a manager. Either way, a complete and through BI package must be filled out by you. Trust me, the department will check everything out.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I just completed a background check before I got hired by my current department. All I can say is that they must have had a good reason for the "DQ", I would only suggest to be as extremely honest as possible about everything in the background check.

I'm most certainly not perfect, nor have I lead a perfect life, but I did expose everything postive and negative before my background check started. After going through several processes I've learned that honesty truly is the best policy in this situation...period.
          The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4189 users online. 244 members and 3945 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X