Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polygraph question

Hi,

During the polygraph, if the examiner ask a question and gets a weird reading or something that needs to be looked into, does he/she ask you to explain why he got such a reading?

For example, if he asked if you ever dated farm animals, and the polygraph says otherwise, would he ask you to explain? Thanks!

P.S. I have not dated farm animals before.

From my experience, if he says anything, it would be something like "I see your having some trouble with this question, is there anything you would like to tell me, remember this is just between you and me." LOL
    Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Most examiners would explain that you had problems with the question and ask what you were thinking about during the question. You would have an opportunity to explain any response noted on the charts. If you explination is one that merits a retest, generally you are afforded that opportunity. That is why I always tell examinee's to discuss anything on their mind during the pre test interview, get it off your chest so we can re word questions and you do not have to think about anything after the question, you are confident that your answer was the 100% truth.
      Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

Originally posted by DetectorAz View Post
        Most examiners would explain that you had problems with the question and ask what you were thinking about during the question. You would have an opportunity to explain any response noted on the charts. If you explination is one that merits a retest, generally you are afforded that opportunity. That is why I always tell examinee's to discuss anything on their mind during the pre test interview, get it off your chest so we can re word questions and you do not have to think about anything after the question, you are confident that your answer was the 100% truth.
        DetectorAz,

From your experience, if what you said occurs and you take the "Breakdown" retest immediately, and you tell the examinee that "upon cursory examination of the results, I don't see a problem, but I want a second opinion" - is that a good thing for me, or too vague to know?? I know I was truthful the first time and throughout, but I just want some piece of mind!

Thanks
        "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"

Comment

Sounds like you did fine and there were no problems. Examiners generally do want a second opinion on examinations they have conducted which is good. I would not be concerned if I were you.
          Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

I just recently went through the poly.I sat through a 2 hour poly and was told everything looks good.Then was called 1 week later for another one.A different detective did it and said he had to clear up 3 questions.Now this particular dept never does 2 polys so i asked him why.His response was we need good people and since your wife works here we thought it would be a good thing.3 hours later he told me i was fine and would be moving on to the background.I was completly honest about everything even a juvie arrest when i was 15,i even brought in the original arrest report and deposition.HONESTY IN LAW ENFORCEMENT IS THE KEY.I see alot of people in these forums asking if they should lie about certain things,no is the answer.BE HONEST.
            IM A CORRECTIONAL OFFICER NOT A #$%^&* PRISON GUARD.

Comment

You got that right! Be OVERLY honest. It's better to clear your conscience and go in fresh and clean as a whistle.

Comment

It's true just be honest, you'll done fine i had to take two and i passed both just Relax!!!
                Police Academy
                CJBAT-Passed
                Physical Abilities-Passed
                Background-Passed
                Polygraph-Passed
                Psychological-Passed
                Medical Examination-Passed
                Acceptance to Academy-Passed
                Orientation 5/18/07

PD
                Oral Interview-Passed
                Conditional Offer of Probationary Employment-Signed
                Background-Passed
                Polygraph-Passed
                Psychological-Passed
                Medical Examination-Passed:
                Final Offer of Employment-Passed
                *Hired* BabY!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3966 users online. 232 members and 3734 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X