NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Questions/Scenarios asked during Oral Boards..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLState26
    Forum Member
    • May 2007

Questions/Scenarios asked during Oral Boards..

If you all can, please help me by coming up with some questions and scenarios that were asked during your Oral Boards so I can get a better feel for what may be coming up in a few weeks.

Thanks
    I DON'T FIGHT TO WIN, I FIGHT TO SURVIVE.
  • MaineSqueeze
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2007

My favorite was.. You are doing routine patrol at 2 am, and you pull over a car for running a stop sign.. Upon making contact with the driver, you realize it is the chief of police, your boss, and he is Very intoxicated. What actions are you going to take, KEEPING professional coutesy in mind?

I had a lot of questions like that or in that same boat. Goodluck to you!

Comment

• FLState26
      Forum Member
      • May 2007

Haha I love those questions, what is the more correct answer to that kind of question?
      I DON'T FIGHT TO WIN, I FIGHT TO SURVIVE.

Comment

• MaineSqueeze
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2007

I said I would contact the on duty supervisor and I would follow his lead and follow his instructions. Then I got, the supervisor is tied up, you need to make the decision. I said I would park the Chief's car and give him a ride home in my passenger seat of the cruiser. Then I got grilled with a bunch of questions of why do you think the chief should be let go. yada yada yada... BUT if i said, i would arrest the chief for oui, then i would have gotton grilled with questions like, Ud arrest your boss, youd risk retaliation, yada yada yada. There is no wrong answer. If you pick a side, Stick with your answer, and dont let them change your minds. It is crucial you are not persauded out of your decision because that will show you are going to be vonerable(sp) out on the street. I passed the interview. Good luck to you.

Comment

• McPhenius
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2005

Get him a ride home. Don't go announcing your "catch" over the radio for the whole agency to hear. When they grill you for not "arresting" the Chief of police, keep in mind many police officers have "discretion" and "judgement."

Good Luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21080 users online. 49 members and 21031 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...