300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on what to expect on hiring process

Hello everyone, I've recently applied to an agency local to me. Upon turning in my application I got the privilege to speak to the patrol captain. The captain said they were very interested in me and i should be getting a call in the next week or two for a panel interview. Is this a good sign or is this normal?

It sounds like a positive sign. Is this a non-civil service agency? Things seem to be moving fast.

Comment

• McdowellM123
      McdowellM123 commented
      Editing a comment
      it's an S.O. I've done a ton of research and their hiring process is short in comparison to most agencies. From what i've gathered it's a panel and then a sheriff interview with a B.I. tucked in the middle somewhere.

Originally posted by McdowellM123 View Post
    Hello everyone, I've recently applied to an agency local to me. Upon turning in my application I got the privilege to speak to the patrol captain. The captain said they were very interested in me and i should be getting a call in the next week or two for a panel interview. Is this a good sign or is this normal?
    It means you application demonstrated you possess the minimum qualifications necessary for admission to the testing process and when speaking like the captain, you did not come off like an idiot.

Don't read too much more into it. You still have to compete against other applicants and score high enough in the testing process to be one of the few selected to fill the limited number of vacancies they have. Remember, 100 applicants can't be squeezed into the few positions they need to fill, so a lot of job hopefuls are going to be disappointed. You may or may not be one of them.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
    It means you application demonstrated you possess the minimum qualifications necessary for admission to the testing process and when speaking like the captain, you did not come off like an idiot.
    Pretty much spot on. Means you didn't F up yet. Don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunity... Trust me, I had my fair share.

Comment

• McdowellM123
      McdowellM123 commented
      Editing a comment
      So apparently they do the B.I. first then they call in for panel interviews. I'm currently in the B.I. phase.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3817 users online. 259 members and 3558 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X