300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment check during BG

Im thinking about applying for a trooper position again. I was in the hiring process with a agency back in 2018. But I got Dqed during backgrounds for employment issues. I got fired from one of my jobs In 2017 for having a accident off work and not reporting it to my supervisor. Since then, I had another job for a year before getting hired on as a CO for the state. I been here almost a year and a couple months with no disciplinary or wrote ups. I want to apply again but I'm not sure if enough time has passed between me and my termination. That's really the only thing affecting me. My credit is good with no late payments or collections. My last traffic ticket i received was in 2016 for speeding.

Apply and find out. The worse that can happen is they tell you no
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Stone View Post
      Im thinking about applying for a trooper position again. I was in the hiring process with a agency back in 2018. But I got Dqed during backgrounds for employment issues. I got fired from one of my jobs In 2017 for having a accident off work and not reporting it to my supervisor. Since then, I had another job for a year before getting hired on as a CO for the state. I been here almost a year and a couple months with no disciplinary or wrote ups. I want to apply again but I'm not sure if enough time has passed between me and my termination. That's really the only thing affecting me. My credit is good with no late payments or collections. My last traffic ticket i received was in 2016 for speeding.
      Why didn’t you follow policy and report the accident?

It sounds as if you’re bragging about having gone over a year in your current position with no disciplinary action or write ups,.......?

There aren’t supposed to be any negative comments in anyone’s employee file.

Comment

Apply again. Just be aware that most state patrol agencies have a cut off age. Here in Ohio the OSHP has a cut off age of 34 or 35 i can't recall which it is.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodCo.Explorer View Post
          Apply again. Just be aware that most state patrol agencies have a cut off age. Here in Ohio the OSHP has a cut off age of 34 or 35 i can't recall which it is.
          I should be good with the cut off age. I'm In my mid 20s. Lol

Comment

In most hiring cycles you will be one of many applicants in the process. There are some clearly disqualifying factors (felony convictions, false or misleading information in the application or background questionnaire, etc) but there are many factors that will be considered largely on a comparative basis. At each step of the process the applicants are compared to determine which will enter the next stage, and the comparative judgements can be based upon which candidates have negative issues and which do not, or which negative issues are deemed least desirable.

Back in my days of doing background investigations I was always amazed by the percentage of applicants that lied. The first cut was always quite easy, just weeding out those who gave false information (educational credentials, employment history, residence history, occasionally something as simple as the full legal name). That first cut was always more than half of all applicants. Another easy filtering tool was an applicant's abilities to read, understand, and comply with instructions; when the background questionnaire instructs you to respond in your own handwriting and you decide to use a typewriter or word processor it not only tells me that you cannot read, understand, or comply with clear written instructions, but it also prevents me from determining whether or not your handwriting is legible, you can compose an understandable sentence, or if your spelling and grammar are sufficient to complete all the reports that are required on the job.

My point is simple: if you wish to stand out from the crowd you need to be the one who is completely honest and forthcoming, no BS and no excuses. Your future employer is not your mommy or your grade school teacher, so will probably not be loving or sympathetic.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13837 users online. 394 members and 13443 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X