300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD DQ How do I appeal?

I was DQ after submitting my PHS with the LAPD. I am a veteran with a clean record. Last ticket was in 2001. Back in 1993 I used acid and had a collections from Penn State which I already paid. What recommendations do you have for my appeal letter. I already have the letter from Penn State with proof of paid in full and is updated on my credit score. My new credit score is over 740, Besides the lack of judgement in 1993 of trying acid I have never used any drugs including weed. I have letters of recommendation from previous coworkers including a letter from my brother who is a 24 year LAPD officer.

Thank you

In many places, mine included, acid and similar drugs are lifetime DQs no matter how low the number of uses.

Comment

Originally posted by careerchange#2 View Post
      In many places, mine included, acid and similar drugs are lifetime DQs no matter how low the number of uses.
      My agency also. What is keeping you from applying elsewhere? I would strongly suggest this. It's always good to be flexible.

Comment

If hard drugs are a permanent DQ, there isn’t any appeal recourse.

Check their website.

Comment

Generally speaking, there are only two legitimate basis for an appeal:

1. The information used to justify your disqualification is incorrect or in error. In such a case, you correct the misinformation in your appeal.

2. The criteria used for disqualification has no reasonable relationship to the job you are seeking (i.e., it is arbitrary and discriminatory). A good example might be disqualifying someone from a position as a dishwasher because they do not have a degree in advanced electronics. In that case, you show that the criteria for your DQ has no valid relationship to the job you have applied for.

If you situation doesn't fit either of these criteria and you just want a second bit of the apple, you'll simply be spinning your wheels.

Disqualifying someone who has used hallucinogens is not unusual, out of a legitimate concern that they will be placing an armed person in public who may be at risk of unpredictable flashbacks. If that was their criteria for DQ, I can't think of any legitimate grounds for appeal.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Most agencies are going to consider hallucinogenic drug usage as a hard disqualification due to possibility of flashbacks .

You most likely can appeal until you are blue in the face and still face a no. way .
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

There's nothing to appeal- you did something that disqualifies you from employment as a police officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13805 users online. 393 members and 13412 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X