300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused on process

Thanks for your replies in advance. I am curentlly testing for 2 departments that have the same academy date. The first department has finished my bi and the investigator told me I was moving to the top of the list. The second department just called me today and told me I was scheduled for the psych exam on 5/23. This seems a little odd because I have not taken a polygraph or to my knowledge started the background with the second department. The question is do departments share information such as BI, polyghraph and psychological?
    "Arrive safe and leave safe", "The more information we have the better decisions we make"

Confused on Process

As a rule, departments won't share or pool information . You take a physical for one department, it's good across the board. Occassionally, agencies will pool their resources, and do a hiring process good for all the involved agencies. Sounds like you have a decision to make. I suggest that if the agency which moved you to the top of it's list, makes an offer, that you take it.

Comment

Bro, You've got some good problems to have. The BI is the biggest hurdle, but I've seen plenty of people fail the Psych. With these two departments doing things so opposite, it's put you in a weird place. Find out what the conditions are of the Conditional Offer. Some offers state that you can't be in the process with another agency, some just say that if you pass the rest of the process and we give you a real offer you'll take it. If you can stay in the process with both until you have 100% gotten a start date and signed the dotted line, do it.
      The other thing is, if your confident in your background, go with the department you really want to work for. Either way, congrades and good luck. Remember, the academy hasn't even started yet.
      Last edited by ftgolfer; 05-16-2007, 08:19 PM. Reason: mis-spellings
      "Will to Protect....Courage to Fight"

Comment

I didn't remember reading I couldn't be in another process when I signed the offers. The BI called the other city to see where I was in the process so I guess everything is ok.
        "Arrive safe and leave safe", "The more information we have the better decisions we make"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6225 users online. 325 members and 5900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X