300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for my Poly today...

So far I have passed my psych, physical agility, all test and today this AM I took my poly. I felt like it went very smooth and I was pretty comfortable. He said that I kept getting caught up on the question, "Have you ever committed a serious crime" Now just a little background on me...I have never been arrested and the worst thing on my background are 2 speeding violations. I am also 21 years old so alot of the question did not pertain to me. So he scheduled for me to take the test AGIAN next week. I am not worried about it, but just disappointed that it did not go as smooth as everything else. Some of my friends who are LEO's say that this is just a tactic. I feel like it is just beating a dead horse. Is it normal for them to schedule another test? I was 100% honest with everything, so this is pretty disappointing to me.

Well yes and no on a having second test... It depends on the examiner and his or her school of thought (tactic), or maybe there was some indication that the examiner wants to look further into. If all is well with your background, you'll be fine. As for the disappointment, it's understandable. Good luck!
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Went for my Poly

We have at least on Polygraph Examiner here on the forums, and hopefully he can be of a little more help to you. For my part, I can only suggest that one of your answers caused a problem in the "graphs". I would consider a second exam an opportunity to clarify any problems in the original . In other words, I feel the examiner is attempting to be as fair as possible to you. Keep in mind, that whatever your views on the Polygraph might be, they are used by many, if not most, agencies in the hiring process. Definitely go back and take the second exam.

Comment

Snaphead,

I would suggest you not over think questions on your polygraph. If you are being 100% honest regarding committing serious crimes, maybe you are thinking about little things that don't matter and trying to determine if this makes a difference, thus a reaction to the question. Once you have honestly answered the question, divorce yourself from the question. If you were deceptive in your answer the result is already on the chart when you answer or just prior to the answer.

My experience is that when persons over think a question, they show a reaction I am not comfortable with and do afford them a second chance, a retest. I have no way of knowing what caused your results to indicate a problem, I did not do the test. Just something to think about, do not over think a question.
        Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

Thanks for all the positive input!!! I do happen to think too deeply into things on occasion so that could have tainted my results. I guess I will see what happens on the 22nd. I am much more confident now then I was going in today since I have a heads up.

Comment

Good luck, and calm down. This is the begining of a new life for you, don't over think your answers, be comfortabele with them. Go for the gusto, be confident in your anseres and let it go, you will do fine.
            Last edited by DetectorAz; 05-16-2007, 01:52 AM. Reason: spelling error
            Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3297 users online. 147 members and 3150 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X