300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background

I was in backgrounds for a agency in Southern California, until I received an email stating that "After careful consideration of all information submitted, it has been determined you do not meet our standards at this time. You are no longer being considered for this position and your name will be removed from the eligibility list."

I'm older, In my forties so I had a lot to put down far as life experiences. I only have 3 speeding tickets and a at fault accident from 7 years ago. I have no Idea what I got dinged for but I was completely honest. I was wondering if this means I should give up any aspirations to become a police officer.

Originally posted by FiveM View Post
    I was in backgrounds for a agency in Southern California, until I received an email stating that "After careful consideration of all information submitted, it has been determined you do not meet our standards at this time. You are no longer being considered for this position and your name will be removed from the eligibility list."

I'm older, In my forties so I had a lot to put down far as life experiences. I only have 3 speeding tickets and a at fault accident from 7 years ago. I have no Idea what I got dinged for but I was completely honest. I was wondering if this means I should give up any aspirations to become a police officer.
    Don't know what their standards are. Could be education standards, experience, height and weight standards, tattoos, grooming standards etc.

Comment

Thats all they gave me in the email.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveM View Post
        I "After careful consideration of all information submitted, it has been determined you do not meet our standards at this time.
        That is not a permanent disqualification.

Sounds like you are not a good fit for that agency. Try someplace else
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

That is not a permanent disqualification.

Sounds like you are not a good fit for that agency. Try someplace else
          Thank you guys's both for your input, much appreciated.

Comment

• westside popo
            westside popo commented
            Editing a comment
            Keep applying to other departments. Good luck.

Did you submit an application and were non-selected or were you actually assigned a background investigator? That's makes a big difference.
          Last edited by LA_Backgrounds; 12-04-2019, 12:52 AM.
          Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
          http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

Originally posted by LA_Backgrounds View Post
            Did you submit an application and was non-selected or were you actually assigned a background investigator? That's makes a big difference.
            I don't think a background investigator was issued, as they stated the following from the email, "During the preliminary background review, police department staff carefully reviewed your personal history statement, pre-investigative questionnaire, as well as all documents you submitted for the background investigation." One thing to note was that I met with a HR representative to go over my background packet and she noted that I own a business, and begin to ask me how I could focus on finishing the academy while having a business. She stated in the past that candidates with businesses would not be able to focus on the academy. I explained to her that my manager would be taking over all operations so that I could dedicate all my time to the academy. She then told me that It would be a concern for the department.
            Last edited by FiveM; 12-04-2019, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Ok, so you were a non-select at the initial interview.Most agencies would expect you to stop working at your business if you were hired. It's not a big deal if that was the reason for the NS. Keep applying!

Comment

Ok, so you were a non-select at the initial interview.Most agencies would expect you to stop working at your business if you were hired. It's not a big deal if that was the reason for the NS. Keep applying!
                Sorry, maybe I did not articulate it correctly. I passed the oral interview, The person from HR was just looking over my background packet to make sure it was filled out correctly, she just voiced her concerns for me still owning a business. She did not say anything about it disqualifying me at the time, just that the department would be concerned. The day I was scheduled for a ride along for that department, I noticed that HR sent the email the exact time I stepped into the station to do the ride along. I thought it was odd, would it not just be better to send the email after the ride along was over, or before it took place.

Comment

Ok, not much of a difference. Looks like someone in Backgrounds NS you after they got your application. HR’s normally don’t NS, but each agency is different.

Comment

Ok, not much of a difference. Looks like someone in Backgrounds NS you after they got your application. HR’s normally don’t NS, but each agency is different.
                    Thanks for the help. I'm going to just keep applying.

Comment

It's a standard "thanks but no thanks" letter. Don't over-analyze it...most of us have a stack of them from our time getting a foot in the door and you're not likely to ever know the real reason why that particular department decided to DQ you. They're discouraging but you have to just dust yourself off and keep applying. Good luck.
                      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12292 users online. 442 members and 11850 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X