300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is no news...good news?

Just like many of the hopefuls going thru background right now I'm....waiting , waiting , and waiting. It's been 7 weeks now (not that I'm counting) and still no word. Now I realize that this process can take anywhere from a week , to 6 months. However , I was wondering if ,like myself , if you haven't heard anything , or received a letter DQ'ing you or otherwise could this be looked at as a good thing, bad thing or no thing at all!

I'm not an expert on anything but I would (like to ) think that if there was something that would auto DQ me in my background that they would have dropped the hammer on me within a 7 week time frame??

Any RESPECTFUL insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

You are going on 30. You have had, I would think, many jobs, schools, homes or apartments, etc. There is a lot more to go back and comb through for someone your age as opposed to someone who is 21, 22, 23. Also, if the agency isn't holding an academy for 6 months, expect them to take a little more time.

Comment

Good News

You've actually answered your own question. It's not really possible to say catagorically that because you haven't recieved a DQ letter in seven weeks, that it won't happen. Waiting is perhaps the most difficult part of the process,but be prepared to do a little more.

Comment

They are preparing you for those times when you have to "sit on" a house or something while some plain clothes runs off to grab coffee, talk, get a donut, talk some more, type up the search warrant, get more coffee, talk, drive to the magistrate/judge, talk, share a cup of coffee, get the search warrant signed, talk some more, and drive back to your location.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4416 users online. 229 members and 4187 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X