300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnTheExplora View Post
    I really don't care how difficult it will be, I do not quit on my goals. I will work hard and reach my goals. Many of you are telling me to just quit instead of trying to help me find a solution, which I do not appreciate. I'm a Reserve currently, so one department already went out on a limb and hired me despite the data practice issues. I was not even the one with the idea to run my ID nor did I know how to do it, I was guilty by association and I also blame it on not being one of my Advisor's favorites. I applied at the position I referred to in my post because I wanted to be a little closer to home, I have already been a Reserve for nearly two years and have had ZERO write-ups. I appreciate each of you for giving me some feedback, but telling me to just find another career is something I will ignore.
    We are being what is called realistic.

If I were you I would be "happy" that someone took a chance on you and remain there, because there is no reputable agency that would approve you after being "fired" as an explorer for a LEADS violation
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Stop shifting responsibility to others. Two years is not a lot of time when you are asking people to overlook the LEADS violation and, apparently, a host of other conduct that you haven't elaborated on. As Iowa said, be happy someone is taking a chance on you. Do a good job there for a few more years and see what happens from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

We are being what is called realistic.

If I were you I would be "happy" that someone took a chance on you and remain there, because there is no reputable agency that would approve you after being "fired" as an explorer for a LEADS violation
        I have a hard time believing that ANYONE would hire him after that- it's just not worth the potential liability.

Comment

If you don't take responsibility for your own actions you will NEVER put this behind you.

If you didn't run yourself or ask someone to do it, YOU wouldn't be fired. People don't get fired because some random co-worker ran them thru NCIC.

I will work hard and reach my goals
          Like many snowflakes you've doubtless been told that if you work hard enough you can do anything. That isn't true.

With enough time passing you MIGHT get hired somewhere, but it will be based on that department's estimate of the liability you bring... not how hard you work.

A department which hires you risks another LEADS violation, which they will NOT be able to explain because they KNEW you were a liability when they hired you. The next guy on the list doesn't have a LEADS violation history... he MIGHT violate but if he does they can say "we had no idea he was untrustworthy"... with you they can't say that.

Same as a DUI, a sustained excessive force complaint or anything else. Why hire you, and not the guy with the clean record?
          Last edited by tanksoldier; 02-12-2020, 03:51 PM.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10382 users online. 328 members and 10054 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X