300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring Steps

Hello Everyone.....I am going to give the hiring steps for this state police process....Just wondering whats the hold up since the last test taken (MMPI-2) August 24th... The entire process began in May 2019.
    1. Application Approval- Accepted
    2. Computerized Testing ( Reading) - Passed
    3. Agility/Drug Test/PT - Passed
    4. Structured Oral Process - Passed
    5. Candidate Profile Summary-
    6. Polygraph and Psychological Screening - Took Psychological MMPI August 24th, Waiting on Polygraph by letter or just a nonselect letter
    7. Begin Trooper School- December 1st
    Last edited by 13B Veteran; 11-08-2019, 04:59 PM.

I've seen other agencies drag things out, in a 'hurry up and wait' kind of deal. I don't know why they do it that way.

Comment

If they are planning on sending all the new hires from this group to that particular class (which as far as I know is how state troopers usually do; ours apply to a particular class) then maybe they aren't in a huge rush because they know they have time to kill.

Can't speak for everyone but most agencies, the background people have other jobs, polygraphers too, and I think some state agencies outsource the polygraph, especially if they're only doing it a couple times a year.

Comment

I know that the psychologists are the ones who makes the decision on who are accepted for lawenforcement work.....So if I havent heard anything since we took the MMPI in the last week of August, it's a possibility that I'm still good correct? Like you said, they have time to burn especially being that the polygraph is the last step....

Comment

Originally posted by 13B Veteran View Post
          I know that the psychologists are the ones who makes the decision on who are accepted for lawenforcement work.....So if I havent heard anything since we took the MMPI in the last week of August, it's a possibility that I'm still good correct? Like you said, they have time to burn especially being that the polygraph is the last step....
          If you haven't been told you are finished with the process.........................you are still in the running

That is all any of us can say
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Before any of us can respond, it would help if we had additional information only you can provide. Let me ask -

How do you know you haven't failed the psych and they just haven't gotten around to mailing you the dreaded letter?

Has the person doing applicant processing been on vacation or other leave?

How many positions will they be filling for this academy?

Where are you on the list (position)?

Is your position on the list such that you are reachable for the next academy? If there are to be 50 in the academy class and you are #65 on the list, odds are you won't get the call until enough applicants in 1-50 get disqualified in the background, med or psych.

Are they undergoing a hiring freeze at the moment?

Are they undergoing a budget freeze at the moment?

Is there a problem with the academy facilities, causing them to postpone the upcoming class?

Inquiring minds need to know before we can say anything meaningful.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

All that I know is the academy is scheduled on the 1st of December....This was confirmed since May of this year.
              .No hiring freeze...The department wants to graduate at least 60 people and have in class as many as they can because many might quit....As far as taking the MMPI in August, 120 took the test, signed a form to give the department permission to do a check of any misdemeanor crimes and domestic violence....Medical, PT, Background, Steuctured Oral process, Drug Test, were all conducted and passed.....Polygraph is the last step to do.

Comment

Hello Everyone.....I am going to give the hiring steps for this state police process....Just wondering whats the hold up since the last test taken (MMPI-2) August 24th... The entire process began in May 2019.
                1. Application Approval- Accepted
                2. Computerized Testing ( Reading) - Passed
                3. Agility/Drug Test/PT - Passed
                4. Structured Oral Process - Passed
                5. Candidate Profile Summary-
                6. Polygraph and Psychological Screening - Took Psychological MMPI August 24th, Waiting on Polygraph by letter or just a nonselect letter
                7. Begin Trooper School- December 1st
                For some perspective, there were people who joined my academy class last minute, as in they were hired on the day before the academy started. I did the polygraph, psych written test, psych interview, and drug screen/physical all within the span of a week. If they want you they’ll make it happen.

You still got 3 weeks which is plenty of time for them to hire you or say no. Again, like others above have said, you’re still in the running until you’re told otherwise. Only worry if you don’t get an answer by the Friday before.
                "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

For all whom have taken the time to answer my question, I salute you all....I just want the department to let me know where I stand so I can have my Plan B on the ready but of course we all know how that goes....Also, I wish the department to give us time to give our current employers notices because I do wants to leave on a good note just in case I may want my job back.

Comment

Don't wait around! Keep applying to other departments until someone gives you a start date.

The call or letter you're waiting on, either way, may never come. I still haven't received a letter or phone call from the departments that I applied to in the 90s, who promised to let me know. Keep applying!
                    Last edited by westside popo; 11-11-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

For all whom have taken the time to answer my question, I salute you all....I just want the department to let me know where I stand so I can have my Plan B on the ready but of course we all know how that goes....Also, I wish the department to give us time to give our current employers notices because I do wants to leave on a good note just in case I may want my job back.
                      You can WANT or WISH anything but to be honest the department will do what is best for them, not for you.

You are nothing but a payroll number in most places.................especially in a larger department but even in a small department , the needs of the agency comes first.

Rule #1 in Law Enforcement.................................. Don't expect that an agency is going to hire you until you get the FINAL offer in writing. Plan on NOT getting hired until you have that document.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Iowa #1603......I truly understand your point...I know how all of this works especially when it comes of getting hired and competing with other candidates. Thank you for your input on the situation.

Comment

Iowa #1603......I truly understand your point...I know how all of this works especially when it comes of getting hired and competing with other candidates. Thank you for your input on the situation.
                          None of my answer had anything to do with getting hired and competition ........I was trying to give you guidance in the part you said you wanted to know

..I just want the department to let me know where I stand .
                          That answer is ......................they don't have to tell you anything . And they will let you know when they are good and ready to ...and not a minute until that time.

Comment

Thank you...Other words, I'm on their time now lol.... I appreciate your responses.

Comment

• 13B Veteran
                              13B Veteran commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Also, on my other comment, I wasn't trying to be a smart nor being disrespectful.

• Iowa #1603
                              Iowa #1603 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              We hear this situation a lot ...............read my comment below . It's nothing new

Now that you mention what you're going through, I remember being hired about 3 weeks prior to the start of the Academy. It was 20 yrs ago and I'd forgotten. Pretty bad for people that have a family and are moving from out of state. But 3 of my classmates were hired the same day that I was.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12674 users online. 494 members and 12180 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X