Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is no call no show?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How bad is no call no show?

    I was a CO for a year at a prison. There was alot of inmates assaulting officers that month. After my shift was over, I no called no showed for two weeks because I was scared for my wellbeing. I was also working at my other job full time as well. I been at my current job for three years. If I'm honest during the background do you think they'll let me through? This was a year ago.

  • #2
    No call - no show for two weeks would be deemed an automatic resignation at most agencies, or grounds for termination for absence without leave. How did your employer at the time handle it?.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      No call - no show for two weeks would be deemed an automatic resignation at most agencies, or grounds for termination for absence without leave. How did your employer at the time handle it?.
      They didn't really do anything honestly. Didn't call or anything

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hawk_778 View Post

        They didn't really do anything honestly. Didn't call or anything
        OK, let's try this another way. What happened when you came back? Dis they act as if nothing happened and just let you go back to work? Did they ask you why you were AWOL? Did they take disciplinary action against you?

        You need to provide all the facts here.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

        Comment


        • #5
          We recently hired a new deputy. Big kid. 6'4" 240 of lean muscle. Quiet and reserved but seems like a decent kid. One of those "was weird all throughout high school but learned how to weightlift" types. He rode with me last week and I had to go hands on for several minutes with an individual. New guy just stood there dumbfounded while I wrestled a guy with at least 100 lbs over me into cuffs.

          New guy is now the door/desk guy. This isn't the profession to be scared. I'm usually one of two or three deputies on my shift plus locals and backup is not guaranteed and is usually several long minutes away. I wouldn't want to work with someone who is so afraid that they go AWOL. If you are afraid of the world around you please find a different profession. Don't be that guy to let your partner down when he or she needs you to be there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by L-1 View Post

            OK, let's try this another way. What happened when you came back? Dis they act as if nothing happened and just let you go back to work? Did they ask you why you were AWOL? Did they take disciplinary action against you?

            You need to provide all the facts here.
            I was working two jobs at the time, corrections and another job. I quit corrections while I still working at my other job. I didn't go back to corrections.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hawk_778 View Post

              I was working two jobs at the time, corrections and another job. I quit corrections while I still working at my other job. I didn't go back to corrections.
              Reading between the lines, you just walked away and never went back.

              You're probably going to be a background DQ as someone who lacks the traits of dependability, good judgment, willingness and ability to assume the responsibilities and to conform to the conditions of work characteristic of the employment, lacks the ability to deal with adversity, and who left employment under circumstances that would not make them eligible for rehire. On top of that, given your response to perceived danger, I doubt you will pass the psych exam.

              I'm going to suggest you look at other career choices. Pursuing this one is going to be fruitless.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hawk_778 View Post
                I was a CO for a year at a prison. There was alot of inmates assaulting officers that month. After my shift was over, I no called no showed for two weeks because I was scared for my wellbeing. I was also working at my other job full time as well. I been at my current job for three years. If I'm honest during the background do you think they'll let me through? This was a year ago.
                Im typically more lenient than most on here in regards to hiring and recruitment.
                Based on your statement, I do not see any agency I know of that would take you. Not showing up to work is one thing, but not showing up in a prison/jail facility, your absence only further endangered those who DID show up to work and were relying on you to be there for them.

                Perhaps you are being honest about being scared, but I think you may be more cut out for a security type of job rather than LE.

                Also I do not understand people who want honest opinions from LE on here, but fail to be honest with their questions. NO WAY did you not show up to work for 2 weeks and not get fired.
                John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Asked and answered. Closing thread to end the pointless yet on-going insults
                  sigpic
                  The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
                  PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 12670 users online. 492 members and 12178 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X