300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of getting the job?

I have a basic idea of the application process to be a cop is and sometimes I doubt I have what it takes. I'm 14 so I still have a chance to change careers but if I'm 4'11, a girl, not really but know how to communicate, and don't have any mental issues then how likely is it that I'll actually be hired somewhere? Not to mention I also want to become a detective once I have 6+ years as a cop

You are looking for a definitive answer to a question that can't be answered that way. Work on general physical fitness (you don't have to go crazy), think about college, foreign language skill may help, stay out of trouble, and enjoy being a kid. Your size or your sex will not prevent you from being an officer.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
      You are looking for a definitive answer to a question that can't be answered that way. Work on general physical fitness (you don't have to go crazy), think about college, foreign language skill may help, stay out of trouble, and enjoy being a kid. Your size or your sex will not prevent you from being an officer.
      READ THIS TEN TIMEs
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

You'll be taught in an academy. I know a Sgt. that is female, 4'11" and very slender. She's a great police. I liked what JustJoe wrote. The biggest issue w/ applicants seems to be drug use. Enjoy your life, but beware of situations that can hurt you in the long run: parties were there is drug use, people w/ a questionable past.

Being female can be an asset in getting hired. Depts. usually want to hire females. Right or wrong, if everything else is equal and the only difference is that you're a woman and the other applicant is male, you'll probably get hired. No one will admit it, but it happens. (I'm female incidentally.)

A second and third language is always a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindful View Post
          Not to mention I also want to become a detective once I have 6+ years as a cop
          Earn it.

Comment

Police departments are heavily recruiting females and other minorities, which may be good news, because if you have the same background/skills of a guy, they will most likely pick you over them. My advice to you is stay out of trouble, pick your friends wisely, and do NOT fall under peer pressure. Just stay true to yourself. And be in shape! Physical Fitness is the first thing police departments test for, and once you are hired on, some departments expect you to take physical fitness tests every year to keep up with their standards. You have a very bright future ahead of you. Good luck with everything.

Comment

Stay in shape, play sports, don't do dumb crap, especially don't touch drugs, take some dual-enrollment college classes while you're still in high school (IT'S FREE), and you'll be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8079 users online. 381 members and 7698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X