Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say keep it at buddy. Reading some of these salty replies really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Stop listening to these keyboard warriors with bad attitudes and go chase your dreams. I’ve made mistakes, been DQ’ed, and kept trying. After years of plugging away at it, I had multiple agencies trying to hire me and got to choose between 3 offers on my table. Keep at it and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it. Own your mistakes in the interview and don’t hide anything. Learn from your mistakes and don’t make them again. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Marine View Post

Just a personal opinion, domestic violence is sort of stretched out beyond what the law should truly be for. I am talking about siblings fighting each other, which is just as common water in a lake. Anyone who has brothers and sisters, roughly within a few years of age of each other, have been to war against each other at one point or another.
      What changes things from normal sibling infighting is when the cops are called AND the officer on scene decides that an arrest is necessary to "keep the peace" or due to statutory indications. (physical injury to one party).

Decision to prosecute is not a Law Enforcement decision, but is for the District Attorney who has the advantage of hindsight,

Even a non pros situation like this will cause a police administrator pause when considering a background

The following is unsettling....................

Then you see that only 3 yrs separate that violent propensity from today

Originally posted by backtheblue22 View Post
      . Whenever we had disagreements that we knew would turn physical, we would just take it outside, brawl, ............................................ To this day, I have not gotten in any further trouble and am now 20 years old.g.

There is no doubt that there are agencies that will hire this person since there is no DV CONVICTION...........................We call them Last Chance Agencies and they often hire people with baggage. Pay is usually crap, lousey equipment, and sketchy personnel are common

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

What changes things from normal sibling infighting is when the cops are called AND the officer on scene decides that an arrest is necessary to "keep the peace" or due to statutory indications. (physical injury to one party).

Decision to prosecute is not a Law Enforcement decision, but is for the District Attorney who has the advantage of hindsight,

Even a non pros situation like this will cause a police administrator pause when considering a background

The following is unsettling....................

Then you see that only 3 yrs separate that violent propensity from today

There is no doubt that there are agencies that will hire this person since there is no DV CONVICTION...........................We call them Last Chance Agencies and they often hire people with baggage. Pay is usually crap, lousey equipment, and sketchy personnel are common
        This is almost exactly what I was thinking. There's no DV conviction and, thus, no automatic DQ, but there are clearly issues that could hamper or derail his hiring. This was a DV situation...one that was serious enough for LE to be called and for an arrest to be made. It was also an incident that only happened 3 years ago. Neither of these facts is something that will be considered lightly.

On top of that is the mentality that violence was an acceptable choice to deal with sibling issues. I have siblings and I know that sibling fights can become physical, but the poster seems to indicate that this was a normal and frequent thing...that's a choice and mentality that would have to be considered by a hiring agency and a decision made whether they are willing to run the risk of hiring someone who has expressed a willingness to use violence to solve problems.
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Kdhermann360 View Post
          I say keep it at buddy. Reading some of these salty replies really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Stop listening to these keyboard warriors with bad attitudes and go chase your dreams. I’ve made mistakes, been DQ’ed, and kept trying. After years of plugging away at it, I had multiple agencies trying to hire me and got to choose between 3 offers on my table. Keep at it and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it. Own your mistakes in the interview and don’t hide anything. Learn from your mistakes and don’t make them again. Best of luck to you.
          Just a fight between two brothers isn't too concerning to me. But the fact that police were called and then the deception to keep the brother out of trouble is very concerning to me.

​​

Integrity is a very important attribute in this profession. Like Iowa said he may get hired somewhere but it may not be a department with high standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdhermann360 View Post
            Sure...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

Just a fight between two brothers isn't too concerning to me. But the fact that police were called and then the deception to keep the brother out of trouble is very concerning to me.

​​

Integrity is a very important attribute in this profession. Like Iowa said he may get hired somewhere but it may not be a department with high standards.

Agreed.

We are all human, and yes have lied in the past, particulary when we were younger to get out of trouble.

The only issue is the close date of the arrest to the current day of application. (We can ONLY go off your version of events on this forum.)

You are asking on a Nationwide forum, with different laws and experiences and opinions from all over. So naturally you will get different opinions and answers.

I am not a B.I., but personally for me if you were the applicant and I was your B.I., basic investigations would lead me to read the report, speak with the Officers on scene (were you cooperative?) , etc, and the obvious of speaking with your family members and the "victim".

And yes, there are the neighbors who are the type who call the Police for everything. They do not ask the neighbors to turn down the music or take their barking dogs inside, (no self initiative) and instead their answer is "call the cops for everything". Were they these types of neighbors you had? Who knows. Only if they can be tracked down and interviewed can an opinion on that be gained. CAD can see your address and how many times calls for service were at your residence as well.

I just don't think a fight between two brothers is unusual, as long as no was transported to a hospital. But again, some more experienced LE on here disagree with me. Truthfully, only speaking with a recruiter can answer your questions. Best of luck to you !
              John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Sibling DV is not a qualifying conviction under the Lautenberg Amendment and would not prohibit him from possessing firearms or ammunition. It would be up to the agency; since you're in FL, you might look into FL DOC to start out, your arrest was "only" three years ago but doing a few years with DOC will at least give you a background to show "Hey I'm a big kid now". Assuming you don't do stupid crap while working there.

Comment

Originally posted by emtguy89 View Post
                  Sibling DV is not a qualifying conviction under the Lautenberg Amendment and would not prohibit him from possessing firearms or ammunition. It would be up to the agency; since you're in FL, you might look into FL DOC to start out, your arrest was "only" three years ago but doing a few years with DOC will at least give you a background to show "Hey I'm a big kid now". Assuming you don't do stupid crap while working there.
                  That's not a bad idea. They use to have a cross over course and would let COs take that course while working at the prison. Can't remember if FDC paid for it or the officer. But it may help the OP get his foot in the door.

Comment

Late to the party and i haven't read everyone's input on the original posting but how old are you? If you're in your early to mid 20s i would wait it out a few more years living an exceptionally clean and law abiding life style with ZERO bumps along the way. None. Go to work every day and just be a straight arrow. Get a degree in something that interests you and try again. My two cents. Siblings fight and do dumb sh*t all the time but your little incident turned out to be questionable if you came to us about it. Put it way behind you like i mentioned and maybe in the future you might find a forgiving agency that will give you a shot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6355 users online. 445 members and 5910 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X