300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work History (Bartender)

I have a history of steady work over the last 11 years (4 at one bar, 7 at current bar), but I have concerns that what I do might be viewed as a negative. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Thanks.

I don't really know, but I don't see it as being a bad thing. I have been bartending ever since I decided 6 months ago I was done with the corprate world and wanted to become a police officer. I mean, you learn to deal with MANY MANY different people and situations. Drunk, sober, happy, sad, I think it gives you a perspective on a lot of situations that you might not have other wise. Just my $.02

Comment

Well, are the bars the type that are assocaited with crime, drugs, fights, gangs, ones that violate liquor policies, ones thats police frequent due to problems or are they classy hotel type bars or business gathering bars, or an applebeeor chili's type bar?

If it was a respectable bar, I dont see how that could be held against you.

Comment

Yeah, very respectable. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I second that. The bar I have been at for the last 6 months is very upscale. Italian dining with expensive tabs and drinks. Bottled beer is $5 martinis $9 etc. I'm done and out of there by 11-12pm so no late night fights etc.

Comment

Work History.

I'm going back in time, way back, but one of the best cops I ever worked with was a former Bartender. I think the key is, and this has already been mentioned, is the type of bar you work at. It's it's some outlaw biker joint, or the Friday Night Fights are on the air every night, it might be a problem. From the way you describe your bar, I don't see any problems at all. Good Luck!!

Comment

I bartended on and off for about 2 years. It was not and should not be an issue.

I kind of miss it sometimes, it was fun.
              Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6770 users online. 365 members and 6405 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X