300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph

So I applied for 911 dispatcher. I passed my assessment. I passed the background. I was honest on my polygraph that I did marijuana 6 months ago. Does this disqualify me or would my honesty be held considerable ?

Depends less on honesty, and more on their policy, some Departments have within 6 months is the cutoff. Some people have 2+ years. They probably showed you a list of disqualifiers. Or wrapped it in the polygraph question. E.g. "Have you used Marijuana within the last 2 years?" If that was the question, then you can bet that the cutoff is two years. If they said 6 months, then I'd believe 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacknCheese View Post
      Depends less on honesty, and more on their policy, some Departments have within 6 months is the cutoff. Some people have 2+ years. They probably showed you a list of disqualifiers. Or wrapped it in the polygraph question. E.g. "Have you used Marijuana within the last 2 years?" If that was the question, then you can bet that the cutoff is two years. If they said 6 months, then I'd believe 6 months.
      You are answering in a restricted area

Originally posted by Thaniarivera View Post
      So I applied for 911 dispatcher. I passed my assessment. I passed the background. I was honest on my polygraph that I did marijuana 6 months ago. Does this disqualify me or would my honesty be held considerable ?
      It depends on their requirements
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Hopefully.

I don't want someone who can't avoid using drugs this recently in life on the other side of the radio when I need them at the top of their game

Comment

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen to that...

Originally posted by Thaniarivera View Post
        IMO it should! But that's just my opinion. I don't want a drug user working the 911 phones and radio. If someone calls about your dealer(s) are you going to dispatch the police? Will you give your dealer(s) the heads up that we're going to their house? Are you going to sell information to support your habit?

Six months was the last time? Did that also coincide with your last pay check?

Got a meth head once told me she doesn't use any more. It just so happened that the last time she did use, interestingly, was the same time that government checks came out.

I've been doing this for a while..... If it's been a year or longer (preferably longer) maybe I wouldn't be as skeptical.
        Good luck!

​​​​​
        Last edited by westside popo; 09-10-2019, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Certainly honesty is the best policy. Being less than honest will definitely disqualify you forever. As for the marijuana use, it will depend on what their minimum standards are.
          "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4837 users online. 236 members and 4601 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X