300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Jobs and Bachelors Degree

I will graduated this December with my Associates Degree in Criminal Justice. I will be 19 years old. Do you guys think that applying for jobs here in Iowa would be worth it or would my age be a limiting factor. I think you can be 18 and be an officer in Iowa. I have also thought about getting my Bachelors Degree at Metro State University of Denver. Has anyone heard of this college and are they good? If I go to Metro State would Arapahoe Community College be a good place to get my POST certification? Thanks!
    RRA AR-15 NM A2
    Browning Ultra Sporter
    XD Tactical 45ACP

Applying for jobs

Slow down a little !! Work on finishing school for now. As you get closer to graduation, start looking around. I'm not that familiar with Iowa requirements, but it's pretty certain, most agencies will require you to be 21 before appointment as an officer. In the meantime, look at some non-enforcment positions such as dispatcher etc. Depending on the number of LE agencies in your general area, you might want to look at more than one. Certainly, check with the Iowa Dept of Public Safety, and some of the larger cities. You're going to have to do the research. Slow down just a little. You've got ample time in which to do it.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was talking with my criminal justice advisor and she said that most of the students that graduate don't get hired until they are 21.
      She also said that it would probably be worth it to get my Bachelors Degree so that I have a better chance to get hired and for promotions. Thanks.
      RRA AR-15 NM A2
      Browning Ultra Sporter
      XD Tactical 45ACP

Comment

Yah, you're that close to graduating. Do it. It'll be worth it down the road.

Comment

Here in Florida you can be hired at 19; however, none of the agencies I know will touch someone until he or she is 21. It's my advice to you to finish your education and then go for it!
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll probably get my Bachelors Degree at Metro State Univeristy of Denver and take the academy at Arapahoe Community College.
            RRA AR-15 NM A2
            Browning Ultra Sporter
            XD Tactical 45ACP

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2705 users online. 167 members and 2538 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X