300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Service Question

I have been looking on the internet for a few more places to apply and on a few of them like Plano Police Department in Plano, Tx. It says 60 college hours with 3 years of military service.

When they look at military service do they look at it like the VA does, Meaning if you serve 2.5 years it rounds up to the 3 year mark for benefits and time in service when you get out. Most people dont get out after 2.5 years but I will be because of a Medical Board.

I will have about 2years and 9 or 10 months in service. Anyone know??

thank you,
    Korey

Military Service Question

Fergie, I can only guess at the answer to your question, and I don't want to guess wrong. Why not E-Mail, call, or snail-mail Plano PD and find out. A whole lot of Texas agencies seem to require that 60 hours of college credit. That's not a criticism, just an observation. Good Luck!!

Comment

Yeah I'll do that. Plan on calling them.

I have the 60 just dont have the bachelors if they dont count that as 3yrs.
      Thanks again, you always have good advice lol. This time it was common sense for me that you had to point out, lol.

Thanx,
      Korey

Comment

Originally posted by airbornefergie View Post
        I have been looking on the internet for a few more places to apply and on a few of them like Plano Police Department in Plano, Tx. It says 60 college hours with 3 years of military service.

When they look at military service do they look at it like the VA does, Meaning if you serve 2.5 years it rounds up to the 3 year mark for benefits and time in service when you get out. Most people dont get out after 2.5 years but I will be because of a Medical Board.

I will have about 2years and 9 or 10 months in service. Anyone know??

thank you,
        Korey
        The VA, let alone what is on your DD214 will show that you were in the service for 2 yrs, and 10 months. They will not round it up to get your benefits, etc. It will also dictate that you did not meet your original enlistment, since you mentioned it being a medical discharge. Most agencies that require the 60 college credits or 2, 3 yrs of military, mean 2 or 3 yrs, not 1 year 2 months, 2 yrs 6 months and so on.

As it was suggested, call.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6188 users online. 341 members and 5847 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X