300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying Out of State

I currently live in New York, but have lived in Louisiana for roughly 11 years. My family is going to be moving back down south it appears, and I have been interested in heading back south for quite some time.

What would I need to do in order to apply to a department in another state, say Louisiana? Do I have to take a civil service exam for that state? And then do I have to go live down there for months to go through the hiring process, or do they do it for out of state applicants in a few days, etc?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    "You miss one hundred percent of the shots you never take."
    -Wayne Gretzky

Applying out of state

Believe we talked on another thread. Again, the questions you're asking are agency specific. It's possible some agencies in La, make provision for out of state candidates, but you'll need to do some research. You don't simply take one Civil Service test that's good state wide. Example. You apply to NOPD, and the Louisiana State Police. You'll take two seperate exams. Most departments have done away with residency requirements, but some may still exist.Again,it's up to you to do the research.

Comment

PhilipCal:

Thank you again for the information.

I wasn't sure if there was a general rule of thumb or not. Either way, I will do my research and check it all out.

Thanks again!
      "You miss one hundred percent of the shots you never take."
      -Wayne Gretzky

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4026 users online. 246 members and 3780 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X