300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about CCW permits

I have a CCW permit and carry a Glock 26. Do you think this will look bad to the BI??? Or will it not matter either way ?

Thanks

I wouldn't willingly offer it up to the BI, but don't hide it from him either, as it doesn't pertain to your employment. All it will so is that you carry a gun lawfully as a private and licensed citizen.
    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

CCW Permit.

Your BI may want to know why you find it neccessary to carry concealed. This isn't a Second Ammendment Question,as in legality, he/she may just be a little curious. I'd probably ask you if I were doing your BI.

Comment

The reason is because I am a Real Estate Appraiser and sometimes have to go to some way out rural areas as well as some shady inner city areas in Mpls/St Paul. Recently there have been an increase in Murders here in the Mpls area. I am just taking precaution.

I have to walk into yards, measure homes, stop my vehicle and start taking pictures and what not. More than once I have been asked what the hell I am doing, and who the f*** are you sort of stuff. Also there was a vacant home I was inspecting, as I made my way up to the 3rd floor I encountered a person all strung out on drugs taking shelter there. He was, well lets say a little paranoid and freaked out when he saw me. Started yelling obsenities and what not. I was not going to stick around there and ask him what he was doing in a private residence.

Its situations like those that made me want to get some protection.

Comment

CCW Permits

Sounds OK to me Mac, but I'm not your BI. Good luck!!

Comment

So do you think having the permit is bad thing? I dont think I can give it back.

Comment

CCW Permit.

Didn't say that. In your case I doubt it will be a problem. All I'm saying is, be prepared to be asked about it. Apparently, the agency that issued your permit felt you had sufficient reason to apply for it. Your explanation would more than satisfy me if I were doing your BI. It's just that it's almost a lead pipe cinch, you'll be asked. Don't lose any sleep over it.

Comment

Around here (VA) and back home (MO) anyone can get a CCW.....for whatever reasons.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with a person legally getting a CCW....unless it was something hard to get like CA or NYS.......

Comment

I am in MO, and the CCW is getting very popular here. As I understand, crime goes down in areas with CCW. (http://www.urban-armory.com/nealknox030199.htm)

BTW, what is BI?
                  I ride over 167 MPH, sometimes I do wheelies, stoppies, and smokey burn-outs. I occasionally ride a dirt bike on pavement. And it is ALL legal because there is a time and place for my riding... and it is on a race course.

Comment

hey mc i wouldnt worry about having the permit hell most the people that are in my law enforcement classes have the permit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5116 users online. 271 members and 4845 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X