Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to prepare...

ok guys...

By the response of my other post I'm probably going to be waiting a few years untill I can get hired on. What can I do in the mean time.

Here are a few things that I have considered...

Languages:
    Spanish or Russian
    I work with some Russian immigrants and they have already begun to teach me some key phrases.

Self Defense:
    Martial Arts and or boxing
    Not sure if this is something that will help me in the hiring process but I think that it wouldnt hurt.

I've gone and spoken with a few CJ proffesors in my area, but any suggestions would be great. I'm going to try and make the time pass faster by dedicating myself to this 100%.

Thanks

learn spanish since it's used everywhere.. russian? not so much unless you work in a heavily russian populated area.

martial arts is a good thing but remember it's useless on the streets and you'll be taught differently in the academy

Comment

Thanks "ask80". Really I'm looking for anything that I can do. I mean anything.

In my previous post I declared that I have used Valium that was not perscribed to twice. Should I consider volunteering at a Drug Rehab Center or something or the sort?

Really I'm trying to mold myself into the perfect canidate. I realize that is impossible but I'm going to try.

Comment

Originally posted by ask80 View Post
        learn spanish since it's used everywhere.. russian? not so much unless you work in a heavily russian populated area.

martial arts is a good thing but remember it's useless on the streets and you'll be taught differently in the academy
        i wouldnt say martial arts is useless in the streets, it can help you control the bad guy. 90% of fights or struggles go to the ground. try it sometime you would be suprised.

Comment

Time to Prepare

All of the alternatives you mentioned are Okay, but they may, or may not erase the two time illegal use of a controlled substance. What I would suggest for you is a stable work record at a responsible job. Community service, as in volunteering always looks good, but "service" should be your primary motivation. Check with agencies such as the Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc, for volunteer opportunities. While none of these are guarantees that you'll be considered for a Law Enforcement job, they are plusses.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5017 users online. 326 members and 4691 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X