300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on changing something

I have a good guess as to what everyone will say but I would like to hear an opinion.

Im 20 and have my tongue pierced, would it be a good idea to either take it out for the oral board and any person to person background meetings and/or get rid of it alltogether? In my opinion i act pretty professional and such but will I be looked at as lower class for having it? thanks.

get rid of it

Comment

I would suggest you take it out. Any piercings/obvious tattoos (i.e. anything that might make you look unprofessional) should be covered or removed for the oral board. You want to make your best impression on the board. Once you get through the academy and past FTO, you shouldn't have a problem with piercings etc (depending on dept. policy) so just keep them hidden while going through the process.
      I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Opinion.

Nick, you walk into any Oral Board I'm sitting on, with a pierced tongue, wearing an earing, or anything like that, I'm going to flunk you. Here it is, and I've said this before. An Oral Board serves two very important purposes. It gives an agency a look at you, and equally important gives you an opportunity to sell yourself to the department. Go into that interview looking like you just got bounced from American Idol, and you've probably just shot down any chances you have at becoming an Officer.

Comment

You know what Chris Rock says about a man with a tongue ring? Oh nevermind.....
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Ok you have me convinced PhilipCal, It is gone!

TommyF, Chris Rock is jelous.

Comment

Jealous, I dont know but I'm not sure if I want to know, but at any rate good luck with your oral,interview that is.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2968 users online. 149 members and 2819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X