300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions for a ride along

I was hoping to see if anyone can lend me advice on what questions the average joe who hasn’t worked LE before could ask while on a ride along that an officer would take kindly to answering . I know most officers dont like doing the ride along in the first place . I plan on going to a couple out here in WA , I think it will help me in the oral board portion of the hiring process

Just call the department and ask if they offer ride-alongs, simple as that. Keep in mind, some agencies won't bother with them unless you're in their hiring pipeline.

Comment

Do not go into a ride along with a list of questions to ask. The officer is there to do his job and you're there to observe...unless this is part of the hiring process, this isn't an interview for either of you (especially not for the officer, who already has the job and has to remain alert and observant). Feel free to ask questions for which you actually want the answer, but don't dig for questions just for "chit chat" or to start a debate or to try to find the "right" answer for an upcoming oral board. If you see something during the course of the ride along that you don't understand or you want further information on, ask after the call is complete. Use the ride along to observe what it's really like in LE in general, at that specific department, and for that particular officer...if you're looking to get into LE, this should be a time to evaluate whether the REAL job is what you would be interested in.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
        Do not go into a ride along with a list of questions to ask. The officer is there to do his job and you're there to observe...unless this is part of the hiring process, this isn't an interview for either of you (especially not for the officer, who already has the job and has to remain alert and observant). Feel free to ask questions for which you actually want the answer, but don't dig for questions just for "chit chat" or to start a debate or to try to find the "right" answer for an upcoming oral board. If you see something during the course of the ride along that you don't understand or you want further information on, ask after the call is complete. Use the ride along to observe what it's really like in LE in general, at that specific department, and for that particular officer...if you're looking to get into LE, this should be a time to evaluate whether the REAL job is what you would be interested in.

Comment

Ya no im just asking because I am in the hiring process for one department, I was told to schedule a ride along so that I can see the ins and outs , most if not all agencies in WA , wont let you take one without being in the hiring pipeline.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4840 users online. 188 members and 4652 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X