300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych Question

hey all. i just had a quick question about some possible psych issues im afraid might derail my NYPD application process. when i was in middle school i was diagnosed with OCD and I was put on an SSRI called Luvox. Long story short, when i got to college i simply stoped taking the meds, something my psychatrist approved of, and i discovered I was fine. That was over three years ago. My concern is that the medication i was put on, while commonly prescribed to treat OCD, is used primarily for depression. While i have never been diagnosed with depression, nor do I suffer from it, im worried that my history with both OCD and this SSRI, despite the fact that's all well in the past, might doom my law enforcement aspirations. If ya'll have any thoughts or comments, that would be a big help. thanks

Psych Question

Your question has to be answered by NYPD according to their standards. Anything I offer would only be a guess. I am very certain of this. Any agency is going to take a long and hard look at any psychological issues you may have, or have had in the past.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4610 users online. 281 members and 4329 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X