300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On to the next phase..

So the department I am applying for is moving the top 300 scores on the written on to the next phases. So I have an agility test in about a week and a half and my personal history packet is due in one week.

I had a few questions regarding the personal history packet - how precise do the dates need to be on residences and jobs? Does it need to be down to the day or will month and year suffice? They asked me for the past 7 years and I have covered the past 6 1/2 and the job before that I have no clue when I worked, I can't even narrow it down to the month. I've called the place but apparently the records that date back farther than 6 years are in the "warehouse" and "could take a long time to get at". Not sure what to do in this situation.
    Last edited by knox; 05-07-2007, 04:33 PM.
    Mister rabbit says, "A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Also, another add on to the above: It also asks for my supervisor name and then for a co-worker name and address - for my present job this is no problem, since I have worked at my current job for nearly 6 years - but I definitely don't have my co-workers name and address from a job I worked 6 1/2 years ago. Is this going to be a problem?

Comment

Next Phase.

You need to come as close as you can to the requested information. You're not the only candidate who's had a hard time remembering the exact dates of a job, or the name of a supervisor.

Comment

Do you know how the written was "graded?"

Knox,

I just did my prints this morning for MPD. And have the PAT on Thursday.

I was wondering if you know how our written tests were graded? Specifically, how many points were possible?

Good luck on your PHQ, and the job in general. I spent Monday and Tuesday visiting the county and municiple departments in every city I have lived in to get copies of my "records" from each agency.

I REALLY hope that I did a good enough job researching my history. It seems like I have record of everything I can remember... but I worry about BI's finding something else.

I called in once to ask a similar question about dates. The BI who answered the phone told me to put in a 100% effort and list as much info as possible about each item. MOST IMPORTANTLY, make sure not to omit anything... or you will have to rely on wether or not the BI believes it was accidental.

Once again, good luck.
        Milwaukee PD

Comment

I have something to add to his question, so instead of making a new thread I might as well post here. Don't ban me .

Is there a way to get a detailed list of when you worked? Like a government form I can send off for that keeps track of all the places I got paid for? I've had a few jobs and I don't remember the exact dates.. so.. maybe there is a way? Or I guess I could just guess.

Comment

Originally posted by boardwurx View Post
            Knox,

I just did my prints this morning for MPD. And have the PAT on Thursday.

I was wondering if you know how our written tests were graded? Specifically, how many points were possible?

Good luck on your PHQ, and the job in general. I spent Monday and Tuesday visiting the county and municiple departments in every city I have lived in to get copies of my "records" from each agency.

I REALLY hope that I did a good enough job researching my history. It seems like I have record of everything I can remember... but I worry about BI's finding something else.

I called in once to ask a similar question about dates. The BI who answered the phone told me to put in a 100% effort and list as much info as possible about each item. MOST IMPORTANTLY, make sure not to omit anything... or you will have to rely on wether or not the BI believes it was accidental.

Once again, good luck.
            '

Congrats to you too - I scheduled my prints for Friday afternoon. And I will turn in my packet right after that. How many people actually applied this time? I was thinking close to 1000 if not more.

I'm not sure how that test was graded, 3/4 of it was what seemed to be a limited psychological test - I don't know if that was factored in the score. Also, I think they handed out preference points for living in the city and having a degree which would have been added on to your test score.

I will most likely try to get to the practice agility test which is tomorrow at the safety building. I figure it can only help me for next weeks test.
            Last edited by knox; 05-09-2007, 06:30 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2975 users online. 169 members and 2806 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X