300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych (MMPI) Pass/Fail?

Took the psych and poly yesterday. The poly went really well, the examiner told me directly after the exam that I did good and had passed. Went on to take the psych 3 hours later, and that was definitely worse than I was expecting. My exam was a little unusual, as I did it backwards since the clinic was experience power/ computer issues. I did the face to face interview first which was slightly uncomfortable but only took 20 minutes, and seemed pretty generic as far as the questions went. I then went on to take the 567 questions MMPI which was terrible. I answered everything honestly and didn’t try to “polish” my answers making me seem like a flawless human. The Doc told me he would review my test results once I finished, and to meet him in the lobby when I was done, in case if he had any other questions to ask me based on the questionnaire results. I met with him a second time and he told me that he didn’t have anything else he needed to ask me and he would be sending a report to my PD. It sounded promising when he said this, but after all, he is a psychologist. I’m a little worried right now just waiting to hear back from my BI.. based on your experience how do you think I did?

Originally posted by Lincoln1999 View Post
    Took the psych and poly yesterday. The poly went really well, the examiner told me directly after the exam that I did good and had passed. Went on to take the psych 3 hours later, and that was definitely worse than I was expecting. My exam was a little unusual, as I did it backwards since the clinic was experience power/ computer issues. I did the face to face interview first which was slightly uncomfortable but only took 20 minutes, and seemed pretty generic as far as the questions went. I then went on to take the 567 questions MMPI which was terrible. I answered everything honestly and didn’t try to “polish” my answers making me seem like a flawless human. The Doc told me he would review my test results once I finished, and to meet him in the lobby when I was done, in case if he had any other questions to ask me based on the questionnaire results. I met with him a second time and he told me that he didn’t have anything else he needed to ask me and he would be sending a report to my PD. It sounded promising when he said this, but after all, he is a psychologist. I’m a little worried right now just waiting to hear back from my BI.. based on your experience how do you think I did?
    Hurry up and wait is the name of the game

Nobody likes to take the MMPI but it is a fact of life in LE hiring ...........................
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln1999 View Post
      You should consider yourself lucky...my written psych test was 1600 questions...sounds as though youre in the clear, good luck!
      Last edited by COMoparfan392; 08-07-2019, 09:16 AM.
      "In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by COMoparfan392 View Post

You should consider yourself lucky...my written psych test was 1600 questions...
        Yeah. Mine was a battery of tests, about 2,000 questions total. It took me 8 hours just to take the test.

Comment

• COMoparfan392
          COMoparfan392 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was barely able to get out of mine in 5 and a half hours speed reading the questions..."So you like guns?
          "Of course!"

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5069 users online. 204 members and 4865 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X