Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going to start applying... should I even bother?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to start applying... should I even bother?

Hi guys...im turning 24 in June, I will be graduating college with a bachelors in Sociology. I was just wondering with my background if I have a shot in law enforcement. First the bad.. I've gotten a few speeding tickets in the past, I have 3 points on my license as of today. I have had a warrant out for my arrest for not paying a ticket on time, this was when I was 17 years old. We mailed in the ticket, I guess they just recieved it late. I have made the mistake of smoking marijuana.. a total of 10 times, the last time i've smoked was 4 years ago when I was 19 years old. My record is clean. The good side, I am fluent in Korean, I have done many hours of volunteer work, certified in CPR, and the BA degree.

ok guys so give me the news... good or bad.

Nothing there is fatal, but a lot of it is going to hurt you. I'd recommend trying smaller departments; they tend to be willing to overlook more.

Comment

Should I even bother?

You might want to be certain that warrant has been pulled, as in not still active. I'd say for you to apply. You're going to be asked about your driving history, as well as any other arrests. The key is honesty. Omit one, conceal one, you're history. Also, should you make it to the Oral Board phase of the process, make no excuses, don't rationalize, don't try to justify any traffic/criminal problems you may have had.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys.. as for the warrant.. what happened was I had gotten a speeding ticket.. and when I went to the municipal court to pay my ticket the lady who was taking care of my ticket told me that there was a warrant out for my arrest because I had not paid a ticket, I believe this was for a parking ticket or something. I told her I had sent the ticket through the mail and it should have been paid for.. she told me ok and not to worry about the warrant.. if I remember correctly she told me she was going to take the warrant off or something like that. And as for my tickets.. if I remember correctly since I have gotten my license which is at age 17.. I have gotten 3 speeding tickets. My last one being when I was 20 years old. I have not been arrested for anything.. I have never had any problems with the law. My past marijuana use however worries me. It is something I wish I could take back, but I know I can not and I have to live with my mistakes.

Comment

oh and another thing.. if my warrant was not pulled.. wouldn't I have been arrested by now?? especially when I got pulled over the last time for speeding?

Comment

Once issued, if not executed, an arrest warrant is in theory, good forever. That's why I suggested that you make certain it has been pulled. Different agencies have varying policies on misdemeanor warrants. Some enter the warrant into The National Wanted Data Base(NCIC). A good many agencies simply keep the warrants in an "in-house" data base. Either way, you want to insure that there is no warrant out for YOU!!. Example: You're stopped for speeding etc. Officer runs your Driver's License. Low and behold, that warrant you forgot all about pops up, and now your'e on your way to jail. Time consuming? Embarrasing? Inconvienient? Costly? (vehicle impound, fine, court costs) .All of the above. Make sure that warrant has been pulled.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5635 users online. 345 members and 5290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X