Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leo update!

This is to continue the post "my first civil service exam"

I passed the exam and they called me for a agility test. I had to run an obstical course with in 1:45 and then run a mile in 11:00 i did rather well i did the course in 1:33 and mile in 10:20 after spraining my ankle 1/2 way through.
    I recieved the BI packet and am gatering info now to fill it out the next Acadamy is in july and they want to hire me by the so i can attend.
    hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride

Lucky, thats great that you passed. Do you know if it's a pass fail on the agility tests ? Considering you sprained your ankle it's good that you passed. I do think you should do some training though. 10:20 for a 1 mile run is not that good. I am comparing that to what you are required to maintain in the military. We were required to run and maintain an 8 min mile. That was the slowest you able to run just to pass the PT test. Again, if the agility test is just a pass/fail then I wouldn't worry about it. But, if it is scored then I would assume that others would have a better score.

Keep in mind I am in the very beginning stages of the process myself so I dont know how much weight they put on the agility tests. However, I have read a bunch of posts on here where a lot of applicants get knocked out of the process by the agility tests. An 11 minute mile standard is extremely slow though.

Sorry if the post seems negative, it's not meant to be. I am just curious as to the process of scoring they would you use. Pass/Fail or actually score it.

Comment

Some departments want their applicants to be more physically fit and some other departments have very low standards for physical fitness requirements. The department that I am trying to get on had the following running requirements: 20-30yrs old had to run the 1 1/2 mile in 11:20 to pass; 30-40yrs old had to run the 1 1/2 mile in 12:51. I am in the 30-40 age group and I clocked in at 11:09 with the wind blowing about 20 mph. They didnt adjust the times for the adverse weather conditions either. Only half of the applicants passed the physical fitness tests that day.

I've seen some departments allow applicants a minimum time of 16 minutes for the 1 1/2 mile and it applied to everyone regardless of age.

Comment

Smitty, what if you are 30yrs old ? What is the standard for them ? LOL How would they even try to calculate an adjustment for the wind ?

Comment

The minimum for 30-40yr olds were:

1 1/2 mile: 12:51
          pushups: 29 in one minute
          situps: 36 in one minute

You cant calculate for the wind. Just thought maybe they would of given a few people a break that missed out by just a few seconds but they didnt.

Comment

Smitty what if they put me in the 20-30 yr old category ??? I am just messing with you. You said 20-30, 30-40. 30 yrs old would be in both categories.

Comment

LOL! I didnt even see that I did that. Its 20-29 and 30-39.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6509 users online. 363 members and 6146 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X