300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD PHS question

So I applied for the LAPD about 3 months ago and submitted my PHS. It passed and now I have an appointment for my physical test and department interview . I’m holding off on my polygraph until I finish my interview step . The questions is; since then I have a new job . I was a server before at a hotel and got a F&B supervisor position at a different hotel recently. Do I have to update it ? If so, I wouldn’t want them contacting my new job since I just got it ! It would look bad since I’m already thinking of leaving it for a career in law enforcement .

Of course you update your PHS

Of course you tell them.

AND if you get farther on in the hing process they WILL congact your current boss

Many agencies will hold off on a current boss, until they are nearly ready for a conditional job offer but they don't have to.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Awesome thanks man I’ll update it , and hope they don’t contact my boss unless they are sure I’m getting the call .

Comment

You can contact Personnel at (213) 473-9060 and advise them that you got a new job. They may tell you to wait until you're assigned a BI to update the PHS, It really makes no difference until your background investigation starts. You are allowed to put an employment hold on your new job until the end of the background. The background unit clerical will send out employment inquiries so your old employer will get a letter, but your new one won't because they're not on the PHS you originally turned in three months ago. Just make sure you advise your BI that you want an employment hold on your current job.
        Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
        http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4839 users online. 183 members and 4656 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X