Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Disqualification

Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by WeebyBobby; 07-26-2019, 06:17 PM.

You have done what many, many young people have done before you. You tried to lie your way past incidents that might cast you in a negative light.

You are not alone. As someone who has conducted hundreds of background investigations I can tell you that only a small percentage of applicants are completely truthful or straight forward during the process. I do not say this to excuse you, only to let you know that the next time you step on your dick you should wear cleats or golf shoes so you will remember the experience and never repeat it.

You have truly screwed yourself with your local agencies and should not expect to receive any consideration in the future. You may find success elsewhere, but only if you discipline yourself to be completely factual and open at every stage of the process.

Try being the one in ten who tells the absolute truth, good and bad, without excuses or dodging blame. That alone will put you at the top of the list with your background investigator (who is mortally tired of lying a-holes who think everyone should be like their mommies and second grade teachers who gave them hugs and kisses every time they passed another load of BS).

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by WeebyBobby View Post

So you're telling me that any sort of attempts I make in the nearby future to go for other local police departments that my failure is inevitable? As long as I apply once and screw up once, I will no longer be able to retry for a second time as my honesty was diminishing at the time of my previous process?

Sounds like I have no sort of success within the next few years or so after failing to get through the first process.
        In law enforcement , your word is your bond. You are going to testify in court and your testimony should be believed on face value

You have already proven that your word is worthless.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

All your background info will be reviewed by the BI at any agency you apply to.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Your integrity is shot- you lied to the police, intentionally, in writing...with your signature at the bottom right below a written admonishment that clearly stated the consequences of lying.

Lying to the police in writing is an arrestable criminal offense in every state I've ever lived. Which would make you a liar, a criminal, AND a user of illegal drugs.

You asked for advice. My advice would be for you to find a different line of work.

Comment

I saw that on a seperate post that you talked about agencies having different approaches for situations like this. But regarding a county sheriff's department DQ'ing me would affect me for police departments within that county and possibly others?

For being dishonest within my polygraph would mean any future attempts should be disregarded for now or forever?
                You're done. You did yourself.

Comment

So you're telling me that any sort of attempts I make in the nearby future to go for other local police departments that my failure is inevitable? As long as I apply once and screw up once, I will no longer be able to retry for a second time as my honesty was diminishing at the time of my previous process?

Sounds like I have no sort of success within the next few years or so after failing to get through the first process.

I could understand failure due to my own mistakes but yet is there any leeway time I should take before trying again?
                  Try re-reading the final paragraph of my post. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, stop looking for excuses, start manning up to your past history and being completely honest in the next background process.

If it was easy everyone would do it.

Comment

For being dishonest within my polygraph would mean any future attempts should be disregarded for now or forever?
                    You were not dishonest with your polygraph. You LIED about your drug usage

I've smoked weed twice and told my background investigator that I didn't indulge in weed. I
                    . But regarding a county sheriff's department DQ'ing me would affect me for police departments within that county and possibly others?
                    There is no difference if it is a Sheriff's OFFICE or a police department .........................

I saw that on a seperate post that you talked about agencies having different approaches for situations like this.
                    Most agencies will look at a falsification in ANY hiring paperwork as a disqualification.

I would toss your application in the circular file if I found such a discrepancy
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

You're not dead in the water. It really depends on the other agencies you apply with to decide if you're redeemable or not. Some agencies will DQ you on paper based on what happened at the prior DQ. Some agencies will mostly be concerned with what you disclose on their PHS and poly. Given that you actually lied twice about the same issue is problematic. The good thing for you is the amount of weed was so small it's actually a knucklehead lie as opposed to trying to scam the system over a more serious issue. Most candidates who get DQ'd for honesty are DQ'd for the lie as opposed to what they tried to hide.

LASD can be forgiving after a year or two. The smaller agencies probably won't be as forgiving. There are other big agencies that will look at what you did as an immature act rather than a serial liar. Try RCSD, SBSD, and LAPD and see where you land. We can't really tell you here that you'll never be a cop because that's just speculation. The only way to see where you stand is to apply at other agencies. Seriously, you should be ok in at least a year or two as long as you show you've learned your lesson.
                      Last edited by LA_Backgrounds; 07-26-2019, 06:21 PM.
                      Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
                      http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

...and editing your first post to remove your admission is just one more nail in your coffin when it comes to your integrity problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                          ...and editing your first post to remove your admission is just one more nail in your coffin when it comes to your integrity problems.
                          And just like that...gone.
                          Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
                          http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

Originally posted by LA_Backgrounds View Post

And just like that...gone.
                            Apparently he doesn't realize that everything he types here is discoverable by any future Background Investigators. Deleting it afterwards, just makes it worse.

Comment

• LA_Backgrounds
                              LA_Backgrounds commented
                              Editing a comment
                              And I'm looking at all of the posts he was quoted in.The Internet is forever.

• Iowa #1603
                              Iowa #1603 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yea , I should have quoted the whole thing instead of breaking it down like I did ........

I know better than that...

Question about capturing self-incriminating posts before the author deletes:

Do BIs really read these threads in search of derog info posted by LE candidates (aka anonymous user names) wondering if they have a shot because they did blah blah blah at high school band camp?

Or do we just say that all the time to screw with them after they pop a 'tude?

Just curious.
                            Convictions, in the end, they can be dangerous. But a world without them is just kind of an awful, gray, amorphous mass.

-Bono

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4999 users online. 204 members and 4795 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X