300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankruptcy

My credit recently went down the tubes because my father was almost killed in a car accident and we had to take care of him. WE lost our house and had to file bankruptcy. I know this will disqualify me, but for how long? I want to get into LE and willing to wait.

From your post was this you own, personal bankruptcy...or is this an old one for your family while you lived at home?

My gut tells me to tell you to apply. Be open and honest about it when they ask about the bankruptcy. If you were out of your parents' home and you pitched in to help pay pills after your dad was nearly killed, then that shows you have some integrity...providing it was all about medical bills and basic living expenses...and you didn't overstock you home with "toys," knowing that you would be filing for BK, somewhere down the road.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

maybe couple years? until you can build up credit and show you are managing your money. and explain everything. this isn't like the typical gambling debt.

Comment

Bankruptcy

A bankruptcy in itself is not always a DQ. Much is going to depend upon the circumstances. You may have to disclose some information you consider a little personal, but by all means do so, difficult as that may be. What's going to be really important, is how you're handling you bills as of now. I'm going to suggest that you apply. Fully disclose the circumstances of the bankruptcy.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the response. With the bankruptcy My wife and I handed our house over because of the whole situation. We could have taken advantage of the situtation by living there for long periods of time W/O paying, but we moved ASAP. I contacted recruiters about having bad credit of course they say apply, but I think they tell that to most. I am looking for honest opinions about if I should wait or not to apply? Thanks again.
          Keith-It was my wife and I's bankruptcy because everything was in our names.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4762 users online. 259 members and 4503 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X