Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final background question, re: employment history

The Summary:
    Just a major screwup as an employee in my early 20s with three rapid-fire terminations for attendance 12 to 14 years ago, but an otherwise reasonable employment history with two dependable years in a first responder role with no disciplinary or attendance issues.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Bad Part:
    • 2005: Age 18 - Termination due to attendance
    • 2007: Age 20, 21 - Two terminations within two months due to attendance because I was legitimately just kind of a screw-up at the time.

Everything Else Since:
    • 2008 - 2009 - Steadily employed part time at a restaurant while in college, and voluntarily left when I moved out of state
    • 2009 - 2014 - Got my act together and worked five years with the same company, promoted three times, quit voluntarily for EMT school
    • 2014 - One month working a part time restaurant gig after quitting my regular job to make time for EMT school and hospital/ambulance clinical rotations
    • 2014 - 2016 - Two years in EMS before leaving the field due to low pay and high cost of living
    • 2016 - 2019 - Three years of good performance and good attendance at my current job

I can respect how bad that stretch from 2005 to 2007 looks. I'm wondering if the distance between then and now works in my favor, and how much that might weigh into a discussion in a final hiring meeting after everything else is said and done during the background investigation.

(I really should have coalesced this with my last two questions and made one post, but it probably would have been too much of a laundry list to be readable)
    Last edited by kp23747; 07-24-2019, 03:18 PM.

It will be up to the individual agency, but I think enough time has passed. According to what you're telling us, it sounds like you've solved the problem.

Comment

Agree with Aidokea. You've got more than enough distance from your previous employments. Plus, you've got 11 years of good employment behind you. Good job!
      Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
      http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

I don't see it as a big issue, either.

Comment

Great, thanks everybody. As always, much appreciated. I believe I'm all set.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6272 users online. 331 members and 5941 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X