300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huffing/sniffing

I've seen a lot of posts on here where people ask how their past drug use will effect their chances at joining LE. I've never really seen anyone mention this though, so i wanted to ask. What do departments usually do about people who have huffed before? Does it depend on what the substance was, or how often/how many times they did it? This could apply to any chemicals i guess, paint, cleaners, etc. Thanks everyone.

Huffing and sniffing is dealt with just like any other drug use on an applicants background. Depends on how much, when, how often, what, etc.

Comment

Huffing/Sniffing

Doesn't matter how you get the substance into your system. What counts is that you got it there. If you apply to a department, and you have a past history of illegal drug use, you will need to be totally upfront concerning it.

Comment

ok, allow me to give an example:

Someone has huffed paint 2 times before, and became high both times. We'll say they were 18 at the time, and are now 24. No other drug use. Would this be a DQ? If not, would it hurt their chances significantly?

Comment

Huffing/Sniffing.

Mention it when called for on the application/interview. If you're looking for an absolute, Yes, or No, will I be hired?I can't give that to you. That's an individual agency's call.

Comment

Ok, I understand. I was just wondering how it ranks as far as severity goes. Like would it be considered worse than smoking weed?

Comment

Well, it's got to be close.

Comment

Ok, thanks. That helps clear things up a bit. I don't think my case is bad at all, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

Comment

it supposedly causes permanent brain damage.

Comment

Huffing paint: Whoa, talk about playing Russian Roulete with your life
                    My LAPD Process
                    PQE - 7/07 - PASSED
                    PAT 1 - 7/24 - PASSED
                    Prelim BI - 7/25 - PASSED
                    Poly - 7/26 - PASSED
                    Oral - 09/15 - PASSED
                    Medical/Written Psych - 09/27 PASSED
                    Backgrounds - In Progress
                    Oral Psych - TBD
                    Cert. & Appointment - TBD

Comment

Originally posted by centralTMC View Post
                      ok, allow me to give an example:

Someone has huffed paint 2 times before, and became high both times. We'll say they were 18 at the time, and are now 24. No other drug use. Would this be a DQ? If not, would it hurt their chances significantly?
                      and don't refer to yourself in the third person point of view. replace "someone has" with "i have" .

it'll vary with each dept. generally, marijuana is the only "acceptable" drug. everything else will USUALLY DQ you, but i'm sure officers have been hired doing some hard core drugs

Comment

ask80: lol, i knew someone was going to say that. howver, that really was just an example. i never did that in particular. however, when i was 14-early 15, i sniffed.... i don't know, some sort of cleaner. it was sort of a joke though, i didn't get high or anything. i just remembered that several days ago and thought i would bring it up. so what do you think for my specific scenario?

Comment

hmm a tough one. your backgrounder isn't going to inquire more about what you possibly could have sniffed. what kind of cleaner. the purpose,etc. i know for sure you'll be grilled and interrogated like a criminal by the polygrapher . trust me. comes from experience.

Comment

i can't exactly remember but i think it was 409. purpose was a joke, i didn't really think of it as drug use at the time. as i said, i didn't get high, it just sort of gave me a headache...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3462 users online. 178 members and 3284 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X