Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long after process for "the call"?

So I'm currently in contention with 2 agencies. With agency A I've finished all steps (they do things a little different, background interview is very last after poly, psych, and med) and it went very well. I was informed I passed all steps leading up to the background, and was in a bit of contact after my interview with my investigator getting him better contact info and informing him how my poly went with my other agency (something he asked me to do). He made it sound very optimistic and that he was turning my report over on Friday 6/28. I haven't heard anything from them other than they were waiting on receipt of my finalized report.

Agency B I had and passed my poly (2 charts real quick in and out, told me I passed) the day after my interview with Agency A, 6/27. Poly examiner told me he was making a note because he'd love to see them catch up and get me an offer about the same time as agency A. I still need med and psych with them, but it took a bit over a month to get in for my poly with them and I haven't heard anything other than a quick email from my BI.

I know everything is always a bit of hurry up and wait, but being my first time through a LE process, is a couple weeks of radio silence typical in either scenario?

edit: forgot to say it originally, but thanks in advance!

​​​
    Last edited by Nickcop; 07-11-2019, 01:42 AM.

A recurring theme in law enforcement is "hurry up and wait". A couple weeks radio silence isn't unusual even if it's not encouraging for the person waiting for the call. They're moving at their own pace and may have other things in the works which are slowing down your process. Hang in there.

Comment

• Nickcop
      Nickcop commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes sense. Thanks.
      Is there a way to word asking for a status update without annoying my BI, or do I just sweat it out?
      Should I keep up the hustle being so far in the process? Another agency is starting testing next weekend, and they pay pretty well. I also, by fluke, already met and had a poly with their in house examiner.

Originally posted by Nickcop View Post
    So I'm currently in contention with 2 agencies. With agency A I've finished all steps (they do things a little different, background interview is very last after poly, psych, and med) and it went very well. I was informed I passed all steps leading up to the background, and was in a bit of contact after my interview with my investigator getting him better contact info and informing him how my poly went with my other agency (something he asked me to do). He made it sound very optimistic and that he was turning my report over on Friday 6/28. I haven't heard anything from them other than they were waiting on receipt of my finalized report.

Agency B I had and passed my poly (2 charts real quick in and out, told me I passed) the day after my interview with Agency A, 6/27. Poly examiner told me he was making a note because he'd love to see them catch up and get me an offer about the same time as agency A. I still need med and psych with them, but it took a bit over a month to get in for my poly with them and I haven't heard anything other than a quick email from my BI.

I know everything is always a bit of hurry up and wait, but being my first time through a LE process, is a couple weeks of radio silence typical in either scenario?

edit: forgot to say it originally, but thanks in advance!

​​​
    It could be MONTHS of silence.............or not.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Nickcop
      Nickcop commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there a way to properly word asking my BI for an update, or do I just wait it out? Being so far in the process should I start with another agency (a better paying Dept is testing next weekend, and by fluke I already took and passed a poly with their in house poly examiner)?

Thanks

• J2H
      J2H commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait it out

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11901 users online. 466 members and 11435 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X