300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions to ask at Oral Interview

Curious as to what some people have asked at the end of their oral boards when it's your turn to ask the questions? Do you ask something or are you one of those people that just say thank you and you walk out?

so did i pass? haha dont ask that! say thank you for your time and excuse yourself

Comment

Questions to ask at Oral Interview

My feeling is for you to simply to thank the Board for it's time, and walk out.

Comment

At the conclusion of my first and only hiring panel, I said, "...thank you for your time. This has been an incredible experience. Again, thank you." At that point I really had no relevant questions, as it had been a VERY thorough interview.

Comment

I would advise to ask some questions about the department. A lot of times they are looking to see what you know outside of the standard stuff.

You asking quesitons shows your commitment in the process as you've taken time to do some research either on the area or the dept.

I got this from some people who've conducted interviews and have experienced positive feedback for their informative questions.

Even if you think you know all of the answers, outside of questions of pay, ask about chances for progression, specific questions about training, something that is of interest or concern to you.

Comment

I am also curious to what other peoples responses to this question are??
            Last edited by Tfire136; 05-05-2007, 06:55 PM. Reason: wanted to refine my question

Comment

hmm.. i asked simple questions like how long it takes for results. how long for the whole process. how many recruits are you looking to hire. what food places give discounts to officers, etc... i'm kidding on the last one

i think that an applicant should always have some questions at the end. and always have a closing statement, instead of just saying "thanks. bye." why you're a better candidate? why they should choose you. why that specific dept.

Comment

With some of the oral boards that I have been on, I wouldn't even think about not having a question to ask before I went in. Even if you have to make up a question that you already know the answer to, do it!

Also when they say, "Do you have any questions" or "Is there anything else that you would like to add" this is your time to sell yourself to them! Tell them how great you are, what you will bring to the department, and what you have to offer. Sell yourself! Don't be prideful about it, but confident knowing that what you have and who you are is what they are looking for. I've been a Supervisor for some jobs and been on oral boards for people looking to get hired with us and employees wanting to promote. If they didn't sell themselves to us at the end, it wasn't a great interview. Don't be shy or bashful, sell yourself to them!

Comment

If you decide not to ask any questions make sure you do plenty of research and know plenty about the department. On one of my Oral Boards (the one that got me the job) I was asked if I had any question at the end, and said I didn't. They decided to test my knowledge on the department, and it was definately a time when I was glad that I always did a lot of research before going to an oral.

Comment

Ask Questions

When the oral board asks you if you have questions ask a couple of questions. Chances are you will be scored on this question. If you have 10 questions, with 10 points given per question and you simply say "No" you may loose 10 points. You may be evaluated on your ability to ask a question and don't be afraid to ask a follow up question to the answer. It may show that you can think on your feet. And always sell yourself at the end.

WICop

Comment

It was mostly thank you for your time and then they told me I passed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2988 users online. 179 members and 2809 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X