300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological test and Cvsa

Hi, I currently just took the cvsa test at Miami Dade college for the police academy and I feel like I failed Bc I was pretty nervous not gonna lie and then the detective had gave me a second round with the same questions. Now tomorrow I have to take the psychological test. Any advice on it? And does anyone know if I fail the cvsa or psych test for a community college self sponsorship do I have to wait a year to reapply or can I just take another one? And will I get a face to face interview with the detective? Any advice on that?
    Last edited by Jonathan-17; 06-30-2019, 09:29 AM.

Not sure about that community college in particular but will submit that as long as the tuition check clears, most cc's are happy as long as applicants can fog a mirror....
    I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

If they are still paying for the psych you didn't fail the poly.

They aren't spending money on somebody they know already is a washout.

It is true that most pay-to-stay academies will only deny your enrollment for the most egregious things... things that prevent you from possessing a firearm, driving a vehicle or participating in strenuous physical activity... suspended license, felony convictions, judgement of mental incompetence, severe health problems, etc.

Getting in is no guarantee you're qualified to actually be a peace officer in your state.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Jonathan-17
        Jonathan-17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any advice on the psych test?

• Iowa #1603
        Iowa #1603 commented
        Editing a comment
        dont' over think the test.

They are designed to fail people who try to "game" the test. Answer the question truthful and do NOT try to use answers you THINK they want

Don't over think it and be honest with every answer. It'll ask the same question many many different times in different ways. If you try to guess the answers you think they may want, you will fail. If you're nuts and or crazy you will certainly fail. If you're stressed about it you'll likely fail.

Good luck!

Comment

I hated my psych questions did both the MMCPI or something and the CPI? 600 true false questions and 300 true false questions. I actually mildly enjoyed the oral psych portion. Easy as pie, interesting to talk to someone and ask questions back. -Low Risk-

Comment

• ThatGuy117
          ThatGuy117 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea. The long test literally made me tired, my mind was pretty exhausted. But when it came to the oral portion, me and the department psych literally talked about football for my entire portion.

• Jonathan-17
          Jonathan-17 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just did the psych interview this morning and he only had one question for me which was “what wild things do you do?” And I said roller coasters and some adventurous stuff and we went on. But I won’t get my results for the cvsa or the psych test until my whole file is for review. Pretty anxious to find out if I passed.

In my process the psych was the 2nd to last step and then you had your chief interview, if you've done a bunch of other steps (polygraph, pat, etc.) and make it to the interview your basically hired and its yours to lose.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11906 users online. 445 members and 11461 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X