Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application & Background Question - Former Employers No Longer In Business

Hello all,

I am currently filling out two applications at the moment and both of them are asking the same question,

"Begin with your present or most recent job and list all employers since your 18th birthday. Include military service and any volunteer work which has provided experience that would help you qualify. List each promotion as a separate position. If the block provided below is not an adequate amount of space, you may respond to this section on a separate sheet of paper if all questions are answered and the same format is followed. This information must be completed even if a resume is submitted."

I am aware that two of my previous employers no longer exist and were bought out by another company after I had left. My question is this - do I note that the previous employer was bought out and then provide the current owner's address or is there some other way I should provide this information?

Thank you for your assistance.

Originally posted by MN Cop Hopeful View Post
    Hello all,

I am aware that two of my previous employers no longer exist and were bought out by another company after I had left. My question is this - do I note that the previous employer was bought out and then provide the current owner's address or is there some other way I should provide this information?
    Yep
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Just explain the same way you did here. This isn't an unusual situation. Happens all of the time. Good luck to you.

Comment

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. I was 43 when I got hired the last time. I'd been working for over 30 years by that point. A lot of my previous places of employment didn't even exist anymore.

Note - Out of Business - Or whatever the situation is, I had multiple of my previous employers wiped off the face of the earth. No problems from any agency.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. Due to the limited space of the various forms, would it be better to type in "see addendum for explanation" and then type up a half-page or more explaining the situation?

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Due to the limited space of the various forms, would it be better to type in "see addendum for explanation" and then type up a half-page or more explaining the situation?
          You answered this question in your original post. REMEMBER following directions is a part of the process

. If the block provided below is not an adequate amount of space, you may respond to this section on a separate sheet of paper if all questions are answered and the same format is followed.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9142 users online. 417 members and 8725 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X