300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting Your Background Invesitgator

Hi Everyone, I apologize if this question has been answered before but I was wondering how often I should keep in touch with my background investigator? I only started the BI about two-weeks ago, although I know my friends and family have already received reference forms to fill out. Should I call when it has been three weeks, to see how things are progressing?

Obviously, I don't want to be one of "those" people who call their BI every week to see how it is going, but I also don't want it to seem as if I’m not interested either. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

don't bother your BI unless it's been a while, like couple months

Comment

Contacting BI

In general, I don't recommend it. Background investigations can typically take anywhere from three to six months, in some cases even longer. In some agencies, Detectives and line Supervisors are also tasked with doing Backgrounds, or at least assisting in them. Case in point. Shortly prior to retiring from the Alabama Dept of Public Safety, my Unit Commander asked me to assist him in completing a Background Investigation. We both had mucho items on our plates. It took me the better part of a week to even get to the BI. Officers who do BIs as a primary duty often have more than one background to do. These are typically very thorough investigations, and can and do, take considerable time. I understand that "waiting" can be very nerve wracking. Wish there was something I could say to make it a little easier. But no, in general, I don't recommend your contacting the BI.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. Waiting isn't a problem at the moment, as I'm fairly busy at work and just started the background. However, I do know that this is probably the most frustrating aspect of the application process. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't supposed to check in every few weeks; as you can probably tell this is my first background... Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by EMS05 View Post
          Ok, thanks for the info. Waiting isn't a problem at the moment, as I'm fairly busy at work and just started the background. However, I do know that this is probably the most frustrating aspect of the application process. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't supposed to check in every few weeks; as you can probably tell this is my first background... Thanks again.

hehehe, you'll get more frustrated as the process plods along. Just be patient and when you don't expect it, they'll call you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2834 users online. 184 members and 2650 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X